Chapter 35

Once the two of them walked through the door, they found themselves in what looked to be a scrapyard, piles of metal as far as their eyes could see.

"How are we going to find Rin in here?" Sheimi asked, "It's like a wasteland."

"Give me a second, I might be able to get a trace." Kiara took a deep breath and closed her eyes, she had never tried to purposely find someone using their fear— hell, she didn't even know if Rin was scared, but it was worth a shot.

"What are you doing?" Sheimi asked, causing Kiara to hold up a hand to get her to be quiet.

"I need to focus, so be quiet for a sec."

"O-oh, right, sorry."

Kiara started reaching, she had to admit, she had absolutely no idea what she was doing, but eventually she found herself standing by two different red wisps. Kiara opened her eyes, the red wisps still remaining. One led to Sheimi, and the other lead off into the distance.

"Follow me." Kiara said, starting to walk along the wasteland of metal. Once a familiar figure was within their sight, Sheimi picked up her pace, running ahead of Kiara.

"Rin! I'm coming!" She got to Rin, Kiara joining up with the two a few seconds later. "We talked to Miss Kirigakure. She told us what you said! Everyone's waiting out there and we all wanna help you. So come on, let's get out of here!"

Motivational. Kiara thought, looking from Sheimi to Rin who had back away from the blonde— fear spiking off of him.

"Stay away from me." Rin said, his voice low.

"What do you mean? Why?"

"I can't control my flames without confidence." He sounded sorrowful, and just by the fear surrounding him and the sad look in his face that he had lost practically all of his confidence.

"Rin." Kiara said, her voice hard. He looked up and his blue eyes met with her golden ones. "You don't have the time to sulk right now. I know you're scared, but fuck, man, you can't just push us away like this and expect us not to come back and try to help you. Sure, your dad is Satan, but Rin, Family is not defined by blood ties."

"Family...?" Rin repeated, his eyes widening slightly before he scoffed, looking away, starting to flare up. "Don't you two get it?! I'm a monster!" He shouted the flames now spreading out and washing over the two girls.

It doesn't burn... Kiara thought after a second or two of being bathed within the blue flames. It's actually pretty nice. Once the flames died down the three of them remained where they were for a second before Sheimi started talking.

"Look! There's not a single burn anywhere on me! You did that, don't you see?" She exclaimed, her eyes shining as she reached out towards him once again.

"I'm-I'm still a monster, you're supposed to be scared!" He exclaimed.

"What? I'm not scared of you." Sheimi said.

"Me neither, but I guess that doesn't really mean much from me. Besides, what's this bullshit about being a monster? You're not a monster unless you let yourself become one, you're in control of yourself, Rin." She crouched down to be at eye level with Rin. "Just so you know there's not a single trace of fear from Sheimi right now."

"Right! I'm not scared of you, Rin!" Sheimi said.

"And that's saying a lot. Sheimi's kind of a coward." Kiara said, her voice low enough for only Rin to hear. She smiled and reached her hand out towards him, "Now come on, you might be a demon but you're not the only one."

Rin looked at her, his eyes wide as they started to water. He raised his hand to wipe them with the back of his hand and reached forwards to take Kirara's hand. "Right. Demons together."

"Now, let's bust out of this prison!" Kiara shouted. "Would you like to do the pleasures, o' Spawn of Satan?"

"Of course." Rin said, and flared up, bursting the door open and letting the three of the leave the metal wasteland and enter back into the dungeon.

"It's Rin." Shima said in shock, it looked like the moment they busted out the others were unfrozen.

"You really came to save me." Rin stated upon seeing everyone.

"Well yeah." Konekomaru said, "I-uh, I mean, I wouldn't like it if you'd died. If it turns out you're not dangerous, I'd like to be friends with you."

"Konekomaru." Rin muttered, his flames vanishing as he started tearing up.

"Uh, FYI, I'm here because Miss Kirigakure told me to. Not for anything sappy." Izumo said.

"Um. I didn't want to come, but I did, so you're welcome dude." Shima said.

Next to her, Kiara heard Rin sniffle. "Y-You guys. Thanks for havin' my back."

Of course, the touching moment was interrupted by something- and that something happened to be Bon hitting Rin with Kurikara.

"S-Sugero." Rin said, his surprise evident on his face.

"I wasn't thinking straight before man. I was kinda pissed at my dad and stuff. Anyways, you were right. About my dad. Not, you know, the other crap." He handed the sword to Rin, "You'll need this if you're gonna fight. Here, take it."

"I, uh, I'm sorry I punched you in the face." Rin said, getting up from the floor and grabbing the sword.

Kiara started to snicker, "What a touching moment." She said.

"Kiara." Bon said, glaring at the girl who just stuck her tongue out at him.

"Yeah well, I'll lead the way to the shrine. After that, you can do whatever you want. I don't care. I'll be fighting to for what it's worth." Bon said as he started to walk away, only stopping once Rin called his name.

"Sugero! I can't help it if I'm the spawn of Satan. But I'll use my flames for good, I swear! Please, have some faith in me!"

"I don't care that you're Satan's kid! The reason I'm pissed at you is because you were carrying that baggage all by yourself. If you'd of said something, maybe we could of helped. Why should I trust you if you don't trust me? Am I the only one here who thought we were friends."

So that's why he was pissed. Something tells me he's gonna be even more pissed if I ever mention my dad and what's happened, that probably wouldn't end well. Kiara thought, then she cleared her throat to get the attention of her classmates. "As much as this reunion and exchanging of feelings and words is touching, I think we need to start moving. People are kinda, probably dying out there."

Bon glanced at her and nodded, "Right. Let's get moving."

With that, the group left the the building, all of them heading to a battle where they had no idea of the outcome.