Chapter 39

Kiara woke to the sound of voices. Blinking open her eyes she saw the familiar ceiling of Suguro's inn.

"-now on, no matter what happens, I swear, you and I will be friends forever!" Sheimi said, and Kiara looked to her side to see her leaning towards Rin. "Not just forever, forever and ever! Okay?" She asked before she collapsed on her futon and placed her hands over her face.

Damn, Rin just got friendzoned. Kiara thought, managing to hold in her laughter as she watched Rin sit up and look towards Sheimi.

"Friends forever, huh?" He asked.

Kiara couldn't hold in her laugher, and it seemed like the other person in the room, Shima, couldn't either.

"Shima, Hoshino!" Rin exclaimed in pure terror.

"Sorry, dude. I can't hold in it." Shima laughed.

"W-W-what are you two doing here?" Rin asked.

"I didn't feel like going back to my folk's house. There wasn't a place to crash anywhere else. So they stuck me in here with you two love birds." Shima said.

"And I passed the fuck out." Kiara said casually.

"And you heard?" Rin asked.

"Yup. Every word." Shima answered.

"You're so loud we al heard you." A new voice, Izumo said from behind a screen.

"Izumo? And the puppet dude too? What the hell!" Rin exclaimed.

"The only ones who aren't here are Bon and Koneko. They got set up in their own rooms. Yo, you have my sympathies man, for real." He placed a hand on Rin;s shoulder, a smile creeping onto his face. "I totally feel your pain. Oh! I almost forgot. We're heading back in a couple days. Ms. Kirigakure's giving us the day off tomorrow so we can have some fun. So if you want we can do some sightseeing."

Kiara perked up at that, "Sightseeing, like, going to the towers?" She asked, failing to hide her excitement.

Shima chuckled, "Yeah. Like seeing the towers."

Kiara grinned, her eyes shining. "Fuck yeah!"

***

Later that night, Kiara was wondering around the inn. She didn't feel like going to bed considering she rested all day. Though the last time she wondered the halls she ended up getting chased by some of the temple men. Hopefully that didn't happen a second time.

As she walked along the halls, she felt a presence behind her and she turned to look at who was there.

"What do you want, Mephisto?" Kiara asked, her eyes narrowed.

"What, I can't see my favorite exorcist in training?" Mephisto asked, walking up to her and placing a hand on her head.

"I saw you during the fight. You were watching the entire thing go down, weren't you?" When the only response she got was a smile and she scowled. "Typical."

"You know about my allergies! I couldn't of helped, my dear! But you did excellently my dear! Who would of known you could fly!"