Chapter 5

A few days past and Kiara was now sitting in class, bored out of her mind. Apparently Rin was just as bored as she was if his snoring and sleep murmuring indicated anything.

"If you don't intend to pay attention, you're free to leave any time." The teacher scolded, waking Rin up.

"Ah, yes sir, sorry about that." Rin answered, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

The teacher just gave Rin an annoyed look before continuing on with the lesson. "Now then, in the Hebrew scripture these books; Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, etc. are known as the..." his voice trailed off as Kiara got bored of listening to him. It wasn't like she actually needed to listen to this lecture, she knew most of the basics already.

After finding out about demons and exorcists, Kiara had begged Mephisto to let her become an exorcist. While he refused to actually let her start training he did give her books about the basics of becoming an exorcist, giving her a new book each time he visited until she had read everything that he had to give.

"Okumura!" The teacher shouted, snapping Kiara out of her thoughts as she turned her attention to Rin, who had seemed to of fallen asleep once again. Kiara just sighed and turned her attention to the girl sitting next to him.

When Sheimi had walked into the classroom that morning, Kiara had to admit that she was surprised. Not only was the girl walking perfectly fine and proclaiming— albeit with quite a bit of stuttering— that she wanted to be an exorcist and she was going to be their new classmate. She might be shy and timid, but Kiara had to admit she was surprised by Sheimi.

Once again, Kiara was broken out of her thoughts, this time by the bell. With a sigh of relief Kiara gathered her stuff and followed her classmates to her next class. Demonology trailed on just as her previous class, same with the next, Grimoire Lit. It wasn't long until Kiara found herself looking up at Yukio for Demon Pharmaceutics. They had taken a test in the class a while back, and today was the day they were getting their results.

"Alright everyone, I'm going to hand back your quizzes now." Yukio said, holding up a stack of papers. He called for Shima first, who had only missed a few, Sheimi was next, apparently she had used her own names for herbs which resulted in her practically failing the quiz. He continued calling off names, none of the others having interesting scores until Rin.

"Okumura!" Yukio said, he had a ticked off look on his face and was gripping Rin's quiz with a clenched fist. Stretching slightly, she was able to see the score on the piece of paper, a two. How the hell does anyone get a two? Write their name and get everything else wrong? Kiara didn't even want to know what Rin's answers were for him to of gotten a score as low as that.

Rin took his paper and looked at it, an angered look appearing on his face. As he was walking back to his seat, Bon had been called up and walked past, making a snide comment to Rin about his grade.

"What do you know, anyways?" Rin snapped.

Bon didn't answer and instead just walked up and took his quiz from Yukio.

"All your hard work paid off Sugero." Yukio said, handing the quiz to Bon, who showed it to Rin as he walked back to his seat.

"What the hell? Seriously, how can a punk rock reject like you get a 98?" Rin exclaimed.

"What'd you say? Listen looser, I came to this school because I'm serious about becoming an exorcist! And everyone here is studying hard because they want to be exorcists too! You're not serious about it, so drop out already! Get lost!"

"Hey! Who the hell do you think you are telling me to get lost? Believe it or not I'm here because I wanna be an exorcist too!"

"Oh yeah? How?" Bon challenged, stepping closer to Rin and getting in his face. "By studying between your naps."