Chapter 37

Kiara, Bon, and Rin walked through the forest, the giant mass they called the Impure King slowly getting bigger by the second. They all walked in silence, and only stopped once they reached the edge of the Impure King.

"What the hell?" Bon asked.

"It's turned into some kind of weird ass castle." Rin said.

"Crap, we better hurry or we're all screwed. Let's go."

Kiara and Rin glanced Bon before there was a rustle to Kiara's left. She turned her head and spotted a familiar two-tailed cat stadning in the branches. Rin's familiar, Kuro.

Rin! He exclaimed.

"Kuro!"

Get outta here!

"Huh?"

Don't huh me, it's too dangerous here! this mountain's possessed by a mountain demon! A really sticky one!

"A mountain demon, you mean that guy over there?" Kira asked, pointing to the Impure King. "That's the Impure King. And yeah, we know it's dangerous but we have to do something. Well, Rin has to do something."

"Wait, you can understand Kuro?" Rin asked, shock evident on his face.

"Well, yeah. I'm like 3/4 demon." Kiara said.

That's besides the point! Kuro exclaimed as he frantically shook his head. You guys are crazy! You can't deal with this! No way!

"Well someone's got to or people are gonna die!" Rin exclaimed.

Kuro let out a sigh, you big dummy. He said before he was surrounded in smoke, revealing he had turned into a much bigger, ferocious Cat Sidhe. It's not safe so I'll take you.

"Really? Aw, sweet, you're the best, Kuro!" Rin exclaimed.

Kiara grinned, "Well, Bonny, lets hop on!" She said, seeing that Bon was staring at the three of them with a confused expression. He was probably the only one there who couldn't understand what Kuro was saying.

"Huh?! On that?!" He exclaimed.

"What else would I be talking about. Now come on." Kiara hopped on and sat just behind Rin, looking down at Bon. "This is the fastest and probably safest way to get to the center!"

Bon looked at her with a slightly apprehensive look before taking a deep breath and climbing onto Kuro's back, being secured by Kuro wrapping his tail around him. Once everyone was on, they were off, speeding straight towards the Impure King,

As Kuro was moving through the trees, Kiara spotted a familiar figure laying on a couch in midair not too far away. She groaned internally as she realized Mephisto was here, and taking pleasure in watching everyone struggle to hold the Impure King Back. Behind her, Bon was screaming in fear as they soared through the air. Kiara just let out a laugh, looking a head of them as they got closer to the Impure King.

Kuro hopped onto the castle only to immediately jump back into the air, the gray mass of the impure king climbing up and chasing after them.

It attacks whenever I try to land! It might look like a castle but it's a demon all right! Kuro exclaimed.

"We must center the barrier. But I do not see a clear space to place the earth sign." Karura said from it's spot in Bon's hood.

"Even if there was, I wouldn't have the time I needed to chant the spell." Bon answered.

"Kuro! We need to find a safe spot to set up! Rin exclaimed. Keep an eye out for one!" Rin exclaimed.