Chapter 6

Days past since the Practical Training, and Kiara found herself standing in front of one of the display case in the lunch room. The prices of the food were absolutely outrageous at this school— especially since the headmaster himself eats instant ramen at almost— no not almost— he eats ramen for his every meal. Normally she wouldn't buy lunch at school— everything was ridiculously overpriced and way too fancy for her tastes— but she had decided to sleep in that morning and didn't have time to make lunch.

Mephisto gave her an allowance for errands she ran for him. Picking up supplies, food, or running things to teachers after school hours. Pretty much she did anything Mephisto was too lazy to do and then he paid her. Granted, everything seemed to have an extra zero to her but this was Mephisto she was talking about. He's a little extra on everything.

"Wow! Check out this spread! A cafeteria with lobster on the menu!?" Someone shouted, and Kiara looked besides her too see Rin and Yukio. Rin was pressing his face against the glass as he looked at the menu items.

"Are you even listening Rin?" Yukio asked, apparently he was talking about something and Rin was not listening.

"This is mind blowing! French, Chinese, Italian... They've got everything!" Rin continued, not hearing a word Yukio was saying. "Well, True Cross Academy is a school for the privileged. So I guess this means I'm high class now."

Yukio sighed, giving up on whatever he had been telling Rin. "You need to buy a meal ticket at the vending machine over here first."

Rin rushed over, and if he had a tail, Kiara knew that it would be waving in the air with excitement. "What should I have?" He asked, chuckling happily. Though once he spotted the prices of the food, Kiara could practically hear the crash of his hopes and dreams. "What the hell! Tell me these prices have an extra zero!"

"Like you just said, this is a First Class school." Kiara stated, getting the attention of the two boys.

"How long have you been standing there?" Rin asked, pointing at her with a look of shock on his face.

"Long enough." Kiara shrugged.

"You buying lunch?" Yukio asked.

"Slept in this morning. If you want, I can buy something for you two." She offered, tilting her head slightly.

Rin perked up at that, but Yukio shook his head. "Thank you for the offer, but we must decline."

"What? Yukio—!" Rin exclaimed, getting interrupted as Yukio kicked Rin's shin.

"Fine, then we're going up to that old clown to tell him to change the prices." Rin shouted as he stormed out of the lunchroom.

"Pardon us." Yukio said with a short bow, before walking off to catch up with Rin.

"They'd have better luck defeating Satan than they would getting that damned clown to lower the prices." Kiara muttered, turning and buying her lunch.

***

The next morning, Kiara woke up and got dressed. She had managed to get up ten minutes before the bell today so she would be able to pack her lunch this morning.

As she walked into the kitchen, she spotted a bowl of— is that oatmeal? No, oatmeal isn't soupy and red, nor does it sizzle with the promise of death. She might not feel fear, but not even Kiara would let whatever that soup of death was enter her mouth— she pitied any fool who did. Needless to say she was quick to throw it in the trash can.

After packing a lunch Kiara took out her key to the school. The bell was going to ring in 2 minutes.

The classes seemed to drag on, but eventually it was time for lunch. She was tired of being cooped up inside, so she had decided to go out into the open area of the campus, the 'Green' as many of the students called it. Though all she had to do now was find somewhere to sit.