Chapter 16

Kiara and Bon didn't waste any time with getting down. Kiara ended up going down first without a word, heading towards the ladder and practically ignoring the rails of the ladder as she slid down to the ground. Not too soon after she got to the ground, Bon was right beside her.

"What do you think that was?" Bon asked as the two ran. "Could it of been the ghost?"

"There's no way a ghost could cause that much damage." Kiara said, grabbing her necklace and placing her finger in the golden circle, the sword appearing in her hand not even a second later. "This is the result of something big." The two of them kept running, until the ground started shaking. Kiara lost her balance and started to fall backwards. She expected to hit the ground, but instead she felt herself fall into another person.

"You good there?" Bon asked, and Kiara realized that he had just barely managed to catch her— except the way he caught her caused his hands to loop under her arms and rest on her—

"I'm fine." Kiara squeaked, feeling her cheeks start to warm up. She quickly stood up and cleared her throat, "We should keep running. It seems like it's getting really interesting up ahead."

Bon looked at her, then the realization seemed to hit him and his entire face flushed red. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to-!"

Kiara looked at him, "Let's just keep going." She said, turning around and starting to run.

"Hey! Kiara, Bon!" Someone shouted and Kiara looked to her side to see Shima and Izumo running towards them. The four of them stopped running, seeing as they were close to where the commotion was— though it seemed that it had started to die down. Shima looked between Bon and Kiara, noticing that something was up. "You two okay, your faces look a little—"

"We're fine." Bon snapped.

Shima raised an eyebrow, "Well, if you say so. Anyways, we ran into Mr. Tsubaki and he told us to gather at the entrance and to leave whatever's happening to him and Mr. Okumura."

"Alright then, let's head there together." Bon said, and the three of them started walking.

Kiara stayed back for a second, her fist clenching around the hilt of her sword as she saw a figure fly over her head— a figure that she could of sworn had on a familiar maroon suit and green hair.

"Kiara! Hurry up, will you?" Izumo called and Kiara looked towards the group.

"I'm coming!" Kiara called back and with a last glance towards where Amaymon had disappeared, with a sigh, she pressed her thumb against the hilt of her sword and it turned back into a necklace. She moved to catch up to the group.

***

Sitting at the entrance with the rest of the class, Kiara perked up when Yukio walked up to them.

"What the heck's going on around here?" Bon asked.

"Listen up class, todays mission is over. You can all return to your dorms for now." Yukio said, not answering Bon's question.

"Huh? You expect us to just leave without knowing what happened?" Kiara asked, earning an annoyed look from Yukio. Before Yukio could answer, Kiara caught sight of Rin being dragged out of the amusement park by a woman with pink hair.

"Hey! I can't breath, Damnit!" Rin shouted, struggling to get out of the headlock the woman had him in.

"Aw that sucks. Now I'm jealous." Shima pouted.

"Shima!" Konekomaru said.

"Hold on a second, who is that hottie?"