Chapter 27

Once the ride was over, Kiara stepped off of the train with the rest of her class, getting a breath of fresh air. Throughout the ride the air had been heavy with the fear from some people in her class as well as a few exorcists. The fear still swirled around her, but now that she was out of that crammed train car, it spread out a bit more and Kiara felt like she finally had room to breathe.

"Over here folks!" Someone called and Kiara looked over to see a tall blonde man holding a sign that read 'Order of the True Cross Japan Branch' on it.

Kiara, along with the other exorcists walked over and gathered in front of him. It wasn't long until everyone piled onto the bus and they started moving towards their destination. As they were moving, the man who was holding the sign stood at the front of the bus with a microphone— almost like a tour guide.

"Okay, so, I'm Shima Kinzo and I represent the local field office. Welcome to Kyoto!" He performed and over exaggerated bow and smacked his forehead against the microphone he was holding.

Is he Shima's brother? Kiara wondered, looked from Kinzo so Shima, who had fear wafting off of him as he stared at Kinzo with an expression full of dread. I'll take that as a yes.

As he was rubbing his forehead, he continued giving everyone the rundown. "First things first, we'll be taking you to the inn you'll be staying at. And once we've gotten you sorted and your bags dropped, you guys are going to help us with the temptaint victims. We appreciate your support!" He said, once again performing an overexagerated bow and slamming his head onto the microphone.

The rest of the ride was relatively quiet— other than casual chatter or Kiara's quiet curses as she falls of rainbow road or gets blue shelled.

***

The bus slowed to a stop and Kiara looked out of the window, seeing the inn that they would be staying at, and judging by Bon's small spike of fear she assumed that he had some sort of connection to it. Once they had all gotten their bags all of them walked inside, being greeted by a few men in the lobby. They directed everyone to where they needed to be, stopping in their tracks when they saw the cram class walk in.

"It's Bon! Look!" One of them men called.

"You're right, it is Bon!" The other exclaimed.

"Oh ho! Welcome home Bon!"

Bon waved his hand in the air, a panicked look crossing his face. "Chill out guys, I'm not here to visit!"

"Bon?" Kinzo asked, looking at the teen with a shocked expression." I didn't even recognize you, man! I'm sorry! Oh wow, todays a special day!" He turned and called towards the back of the inn, "Oh ma'am!"

Bon flinched, his fear spiking. "No wait!"

Kiara watched to see a woman run up from the back. She had on a pink and purple kimono, with her brown hair tied into a bun. Looking at her, she had a very motherly appearance to her.

"Oh Ryuji!" She exclaimed, starting to walk up to the group. She stopped in front of Bon and sighed as she looked up and reached towards him, "My boy." Kiara assumed she was going to cup his cheek or do something motherly like that, but instead she was proven wrong when she grabbed onto the yellow streak in his hair and started shouting. "What the hell you'd go dye your hair for? What do you think you are? Some kind of rooster?" She shouted, pushing his head down harshly.