Mr. Muscular Thighs*

Tan

"Tan! You are going to be late! Get in the damn car" my mother's voice came booming through the house, I grab the covers and threw them over myself, stuffing myself into its warm embrace. Slowly my eyes fail to remain open and I drift back into the abyss of sleep. Within seconds, my mothers voice was exploding above me and i groan, holding the blankets tightly around myself. The night before, i hadn't slept at all, and on top of all that, I had to wake up at 6 am just to get ready!

 A cold breeze washed over me and I instantly felt around for my blanket, through hooded eyes, I see my mother holding it in one hand while the other held her go-to choice of weapon- a slipper. I quickly sit up, my long legs dropping out of the warm bed to meet the cold tiles. I step into my shoes as I walk to the car and get in.

On one side of the vehicle, I was being perpetually harassed by the piles of boxes and luggage, and on the other side, I no longer felt my arm. 

I sigh, glaring at the piles and piles of things my mother had made me bring. I only had my mother to blame for forcing me into bringing so many unnecessary things; who would need two foot warmers in the first place? Not to mention all the lunch boxes she'd packed for me, I had no doubt that most of it would spoil before I got around to eating it unfortunately.

I glance out the window, passing by all the familiar places that soon transition into a new world I had never encountered. My heart began to race at the though of living on my own. If I had the choice, I would've much rather stayed within the comfort of the familiar walls of my home.

I heaved the last of my luggage from the car, dropping it with the rest that now sat at the front of the apartment building I'd be staying in for god-knows how long. My parents look as if the world had ended as they rushed over to me, my mother embracing me immediately and suddenly the though that I wouldn't see her anymore struck me, "I'll miss you too mom" is all i could manage to say in the end. 

My mother wipes away her tears and gives me a heartwarming smile, "I love you Tan, make sure you eat all your meals, you take showers, and take care of yourself, if you don't, mom will give you a good beating." 

I nod, "Okay mom, dad, I'll call you."

I walk her back to the car, my father gives me one last smile, "don't do anything we wouldn't do."

 I nodded for the thousandth time before shutting the car door for my mother.

After finally managing to drag my things into my shared dorm room, I find it empty. I take the chance to take the bed near the window, thanking my luck for coming before my roommate. I collapse onto my bed and almost instantly fall asleep, all my worries and concerns dissipating into nothing. It was only after sunset and when the moon shone bright in the sky, that I woke up with hunger clawing at my stomach. For a second I considered my mother's food, but the thought of eating vegetables wasn't so appetizing at the moment.

I roll out of my bed, grabbing my wallet and sweater, before I head to the restaurant I had seen on the way. With my hands in my sweater pockets, I walk down the lively sidewalk.

I finally got to the restaurant and went inside, the sweet and savory aroma of freshly cooked food making my mouth water. I immediately took a seat at one of the tables and ordered everything I wanted to eat, the waitress gives me a look which I ignored, considering how often I received that judgmental look when I ordered enough food to feed a family or two. But it wasn't my own fault that I could eat all that and still not gain weight. I admit I work out, but my appetite was always large.