The Not-So-Perfect Boyfriend

Tan

I re-arranged the spoons for the 100th time, i couldn't tell if it was because they weren't straight or because i wasn't mentally present. "Can you stop that?" i looked up, across from me sat Daniel "its annoying". I nonchalantly looked at him, finally deciding to sip at the empty cup with a straw, which only caused weird bubbly sounds. It was annoying but it distracted me at least, "Can you-" Daniel yelled, i jolted awake at the sudden change in tone "i'm sorry, but its really bothering me" he said more calmly. I sat up, playing the imaginary piano on the table as i looked around, waiting for the food to arrive.

"Why are we eating here? The food takes forever and its expensive for no reason" i said, Daniel looked at me from his phone. "It isn't expensive, its sub-par compared to the other restaurant i suggested"

"Yeah because 5000 baht for a snail is reasonable, if i wanted to eat snails, i could just pick them off the ground, for free" Daniels eyes widened in shock, "i'm paying anyway"

"Don't worry about it,"

"i'm your boyfriend, its fine"

I didn't respond, this conversation wasn't going anywhere like all the others between us. I leaned into my palm as he began to talk about the economy and shit. Both things i didn't care about. Daniel wasn't a terrible person, he was rich so that explained a lot. He had a few inches on me, in height, he was lean and not too muscled. He had a sharp face with his chiseled jaw, sharp cheekbones and thick brows and lips. His eyes were a brownish hazel color that went beautifully against his jet black hair. Despite his good looks, his personality sucks. He is terribly annoying, egotistical, a narcissist who never admits he's wrong, gets annoyed easily, has no sense of humor, talks only about business, and is incredibly boring and let me add, enjoys eating snails. Need i say more? Aside from the fact that he couldn't fuck for shit, he was only good at...what exactly did i see in him? Did looking sexy in a suit count?

Thinking back now, 8 months ago, that one drunk night at this VIP lounge at a bar that my friend worked at. He was there in one of the booths, drinking his expensive bottles of intoxicants. He looked sexy, after being half dead for 4 months after Rune left, i just wanted to feel something. That night, he looked like the guy of my dreams but that could've just been the alcohol talking. One thing led to the next, sex and all, then here i was, 8 months later wondering why the fuck i was still here.

My stomach was growling by the time the food arrived, i licked my lips as the plates were placed before me. I felt my stomach cry at the sight of the lack of food on the plate which was 90 percent oxygen, 4 percent meat, and 6 percent sauce and garnish. I ate it within a second, feeling not the least bit satisfied. "I'm so full" he said and i didn't bother comment, that couldn't possibly have been fulfilling. I'd die if i ate this much everyday.

Once the bill arrived, i took my wallet out. Sure i'd be broke after this but i had no choice. "I told you i'm paying, just keep it, you need it more" i bit down at my tongue, i swear to fucking god, i would punch the fuck out of him. I placed the bills on the table and walked out, feeling too angry to stay in there. He followed after me as i headed to his car, we got in and i sat in silence, angry but not bothering to show it. He was the type to never understand if he was wrong, so i wouldn't be getting an sort of apology any time soon.

"Just drop me off at the bus station"

"That place? Its dangerous"

"Iv'e been taking it since i was a kid, i'm sure its fine"

"Okay"

"Hey, you passed it" i told him but he nodded, smirking. I used to like that smirk but now he looked stupid doing it, i miss Runes...he always looked good no matter what he did. When he was running, when we was cooking, sleeping, sweaty after-better not to think about that.