Lets Satisfy Each Other, You Know, Sexually.

Rune

When i woke up, there was a stabbing pain in my shoulder and abdomen along with excruciating pain everywhere else. It wasn't the worst pain i'd felt, there was worse at the hands of my father and our enemies, what hurt most wasn't the pain but rather the failure. Wayne had gotten away, on my watch. I'd been looking for him for so long, yearning to find him so i could gut him alive, yet here i was, weak. He'd been within my reach, if i had tried harder, if i pushed more, if i fought harder, i would've got him. I couldn't face myself, let alone my father, i can only imagine the look of disappointment and hate he'd have on his face. I wanted to dig a hole and bury myself in it. i hated that i failed, i hated myself. I looked around the dark room and found Tan beside me, his warm body pressed against my side. I wanted to cry in his shoulder, tell him everything and pray that he didn't hate me after i told him what a monster i was, i needed him to tell me that everything would be okay even if it wasn't. I wanted so much that i couldn't have and Tan was one of them, maybe for now i could keep who i was a secret but i knew that he'd find out and leave me or he'd leave me eventually after he got bored. I had nothing to give him; i only had revenge, the only thing i knew for so many years.

It was inevitable, that one day Tan would see me for who i was. I could choose to leave him now, to avoid all of the pain that would come after. That would make me a coward wouldn't it, being afraid of something that didn't happen yet. I would hold onto Tan tightly, i would never let go until my heart decided to.

Ignoring the pain in every part of my body, i pulled Tan close to me and held him, i knew i was selfish. But i never had love from anyone but my mother, the only one i had now was Tan. "You don't even know how much i like you" i whispered and i did, Tan had come for me, saved me when i would've died at the filthy hands of the Vipers. We barely knew each other and that would be how it would remain. I didn't need him to know who or what i was. I'd come to terms with it, the fact that i could like Tan even if what he felt for me may just be a small crush. I wasn't weak, i do care for Tan, but i won't allow myself to be defeated by it.

Eventually my feelings for Tan would fade and so would his feelings for me. I shouldn't be so stuck on him even though i want to so badly, that's what dating was, it was useless. You like the person for a while and then you get bored and you leave them, wasn't that the whole point of dating someone? How could i of all people fall in love? i didn't even know what it was. For now at least, all that mattered was the present and i intended to stay with Tan until the inevitable happened. There was no way we'd be spending the rest of our lives together, it just wasn't something i could imagine for myself. I was meant to be eternally alone.

I soon fell asleep to Tan's steady breathing.

Tan

I attempted to shift in my sleeping position only to be stopped by a heavy object. I forced my heavy eye lids open, i felt suffocated. Panic swallowed me whole, my heart hammered in my chest. Was i going to die? Had they come for me? i couldn't breathe anymore; every inhale and exhale left a sharp pain my chest. "Don't come near me!" i screamed, the dryness in my throat causing a sharp pain. I shoved the heavy thing on me. After a few seconds, the heaviness was gone, "Tan! Are you okay? What the fuck happened?" someone yelled, i lay frozen. Rune?What was going on? i looked around the room, my eyes adjusting to the darkness. I was in my room, nowhere else. "Rune?" i called and his face appeared before mine, "what's wrong?'' he asked. The panic was replaced with relief as i threw my arms around Rune's neck, it was just him, and i was just sleeping in his bed, that's all. No one was after me. Not anymore."i'm sorry, i woke you up when you were supposed to be resting" i said and let go of him, "its fine, what was that all about?" he asked. "It was just a nightmare, forget it" i responded before turning Rune onto his side so that his back faced me. I wrapped my arm around his waist and spooned him, careful not to hurt him. "I'm going to hug you, so you better not say anything", Rune chuckled, "i wouldn't dream of it".--