Untitled

Tan

I waited for hours, i wish i could've slept but i was wide awake. 

"Are you with Rune?" the nurse asked and i immediately stood up, "i am, how is he?"

"He lost a lot of blood, he was dehydrated, he didn't drink water for almost 72 hours, he could've died, you brought him just in time, even a 10 minute delay would've meant that he wouldn't have made it" i smiled at the news, "can i see him?"

"The anesthesia is still wearing off, you have to wait about 30 minutes, you can go in if you want" i quickly nodded and went inside after her, my heart beat quickened and worry ensued. All that mattered that he was alive and breathing. I went inside the room, the sight of him knocking the air right out of my chest. All his scars and bruises were clear under the white light. My chest ached for him, i tightened my fist and took a deep breath. 

I ran my fingers over his cheek, cautious not to touch him. I could only imagine the pain he'd went through and somehow managed to endure. I bit back the tears, i didn't need to cry, he was okay. He was okay. "How stupid are you? You're so fucking reckless, you got yourself into this shit on your own" i ran my hand through my disheveled hair and interlocked our fingers, "why do you always make me worry about you, you're so damn annoying".

I rested my head on the bed and within seconds, i fell asleep. "Water" a tiny voice said to me and i lifted my groggy head, "water" he repeated and i quickly poured him some, carefully pressing the glass to his lips. 

"What are you doing here?"

"What do you think idiot?"

"Should you be mean to a patient?"

"Why not if they are stupid like you"

"What do you mean?"

"You snuck out again and got yourself beaten to death! Why do you always do things that don't make sense? You were left to die in this shady building, bleeding everywhere and i only found you two days later when you were seconds from dying"

"You found me?"

"Why else am i here?"

"Stop answering my questions with more questions"

"This is what i mean, this attitude is what got you like this in the first place"

"You shouldn't have saved me"

"what? why?"

"I wanted to die" i didn't say anything.

"Well you did a terrible job of dying, if you wanted to so badly, why didn't you just shoot yourself in the head? 

Are you an idiot? do you think dying will solve anything? How the hell do you know you're going to heaven?" Rune looked away from me"please leave"

"i'm not going anywhere"

"i'll call security"

"i'll tell them your delusional"

"i'll beat you up"

"come and try"

"Why are you doing this to me?" he asked, his voice cracking"because i care about you, so stop being like this"

"I don't deserve it"

"Why not? Is this about your mom?" he looked down, staring at nothing in particular. "I told you that i don't judge you for that, why are you beating yourself up over this? Do you think your mother would want you to live your life like this? Hating yourself for something you couldn't control?" Rune shrugged his shoulders, "what would you know? You didn't see your mother killed in front of you, you didn't have to grow up thinking it was all your fault, you didn't have your father hate you and beat you, tell you were a lesser person. You didn't have to deal with so much hate and anger in your heart that it was the only thing you felt".