The 7-11 Guy

Rune

I walked out the dorm building, it was night time and for some reason i was awfully hungry. Normally, i'd have just ignored it but then Tan got all grumpy and annoying, it was how he got whenever he was hungry, so here i was, walking to the nearest 24 hour place at 3 am.

Aside from the occasional cars that passed by, the streets were barren. Save 1 or 2 people, there was no one on the streets at all. It was almost eerie, it gave me the feeling that someone may be lurking in the shadows, waiting to pounce on their target. After awhile, the bright 7-Eleven sign lit the roads and i hurried inside, grabbing whatever Tan and i liked, in his case, it was basically everything except dried bananas. I placed the items on the counter and looked around the store, my mind half asleep. 

"Girlfriend craving these at 3 am?" the cashier spoke, i turned to him and shook my head as i grabbed the bags from him. He didn't let go. "Want to go to my place?" he asked, i grimaced as i snatched the bags from him. I felt relieved as i stepped out the store, the annoyance i felt slowly seeping away as i walked back to the dorms with the feeling of being followed. The footsteps behind me following my pace as i walked, the annoyance i felt earlier returned as i turned around to see who i'd be beating the crap out of. I felt the air being knocked out of my chest as i was shoved sideways into the wall, i recovered immediately. The annoyance instantly replaced with pure rage. I stared back at the guy, i was almost shocked to see it was the cashier from earlier. My mind began to run faster than before, all my emotions and thoughts running aimlessly through my head turns into a blur, yet the only clear thing was to hurt him. Hurt him. Hurt him

I took a step forward to only be pushed back against the wall, his larger body frame pulverizing me. The urge to vomit surfaced as his meaty hands gripped my neck and the feeling of his body pressed against mine became more evident. Instantly my reflexes kicked in. He might be more muscular but i was smarter, i easily got out of his hold and i twisted his arm around his back "i'm sorry, please" he cried, the pain evident in his voice as i twisted further until i heard a satisfying crack and a blood curling scream. He fell to the floor, grasping his arm in pain as he moved away from me. But i wasn't done yet. I pulled him up and pushed him against the wall, all his muscle proving worthless as i pounded at his face. I hit him till i felt nothing and all the heat in my veins cooled down. I wiped my bloody fist on his shirt before letting him cripple to the floor, i rolled my neck and picked up the fallen groceries, "this is a message for whoever sent you".

I walked back home, my mind empty and my heart emotionless. I didn't know what to think about what happened so i decided to just not think about it. I placed the half squashed bags of food onto the table, Tan picked it up, eyeing it. "Did you pick this up from the trash can?" he asked as he rummaged through the bags, pulling out a container of noodles that was smashed in at one side. I dug my hand in the bag and pulled out a second noodle cup, "you should be thankful considering all the trouble i went through to get it" Tan scoffed, clearly not thinking much of it. I didn't either as i prepared the food and sat down beside Tan in front of the TV.

"Wait go back" i said as he flipped through the channels, stopping on the news channel. 

"18 year old university student found dead in her apartment, authorities are saying that it was a suicide but her friends say otherwise....

investigations are continuing, however, forensics are saying that the stab wound doesn't look like anything someone could do to themselves, even as there appears to be a suicide note, the wound is too horrendous to simply regard it as self harm."

"its sickening" Tan said and i nodded as i stared at the screen, it could just be any other murder but i had a feeling that this wasn't just done by anyone. It had Wayne's name written all over it. Tan switches the channel to some action movie which i'd never seen before. Slowly the worry i was feeling disappeared as i relaxed onto Tan's shoulder.