Pitiful, I know*

Rune

I press my forehead against the closed door that Tan had left behind. I really had gone too far, I really only intended to make him jealous (pitiful, i know) but all it did was make things worse. I bang my fist against the door as a pair of slender arms wrap themselves around my waist. Her touch bothers me, I didn't want her, obviously.

I didn't think the girl would jump onto me the second we entered the dorm- but I might as well blame myself since I would have thought the same if I was her. I just wanted Tan to see me with her, but it all ended up looking like we were fucking-but wasn't that what I wanted?

What was I thinking? This whole plan to make Tan jealous was a fail from the start, all of this to see if he cared about me but it only did the opposite, I expected him to at least try to mend our relationship which I had supposedly broken. I know that deep down, I wasn't really trying to get Tan jealous, I was afraid of being rejected; I wanted him to confess first. I groan in frustration, I should just be a normal person and tell him that I like him.

The girl presses herself against me, making her presence even more evident, "baby...i want you so badly'' she cooed and I shudder at her words. Every part of me only wanted Tan and no one else. We aren't even together, but I feel like I'm cheating on him just by being near the girl. Now all I can think about was what Tan was doing in Art's room. I peeled away the girl's arms from my waist and turn to face her, bluntly saying, ''you can leave now.'' She looks at me with wide eyes me and her mouth agape."You invited me here and now you don't want me?'' she spat, I nod, ''exactly, you understand now, so you can leave."

The girl grabbed her purse and shoves past me. I immediately feel guilty for the way I treated her, but I'm too worried about Tan.

Since when did I start to care for him as much as I do? You know what, I'm going to stop going around in circles, waiting for some miracle to bring us together. Fuck it! I'll just go tell him how I feel! Can't be that hard, right?

The only issue is that I don't even know which room Art lives in. Tan left his phone on the table before he left, so calling him wasn't an option. There was only one solution, I went and knocked on every door to ask which room Art was in until I got to the 6th door. I was determined as i knocked on it with full force, "why are you knocking on everyone's door?'' Tan snapped as he opened the door in irritation. I was at a loss for words, ''what are you doing here?'' Tan asks and i quickly collect myself, ''i'm here to get you" i state, but he remained nonchalant. I couldn't help but also notice that Tan wasn't wearing his own shirt and that caused my blood to boil.

"Let's go" I continue, forcefully pulling Tan out by his arm, but the boy clearly had no intentions of going with me as he pulled his arm out of my grasp, "i'm fine here, don't you have a guest?" he asks. I shake my head immediately, "she's gone".

"Okay then" he agrees, going back in the dorm, after a few minutes of silence I go inside to find him lounging on the couch. "What the fuck are you doing?" I bellow causing Tan to look at me with wide eyes, "why are you still here? I told you I'm fine with staying here tonight".

"I thought...never mind, you don't have a choice in the matter, let's go"

Tan scoffs, "what? Are you my mom? Go away" at that instant, Art entered the room with a mere towel wrapped around his waist, he was clearly shocked to see me in his room. It was no secret that he was somewhat afraid of me, I'd just have to use that to my advantage. "Didn't you hear him? He doesn't want to leave" he defends, trying to look good in front of Tan. I glare at him and he immediately shut his mouth.

"Am i talking to you?" I retort, looking at the boy with a cold stare that could make anyone feel as if they'd just met the grim reaper: one of the perks of being the son of a ruthless gang leader.

"You don't need to come here to get me; i can come later," Tan says, the frustration evident in his voice.

I ignore him,"I'll count to 3." I'm most definitely not letting him stay with some sasquatch that looks like he'd pounce on Tan the moment I leave, "1...2..." I continue, "fine! Okay!? I'm going, goodness" he shouts as he walks out of the dorm and heads towards his own room. I follow beside him.

Tan mutters every swear word as he got into our dorm.

"Aren't you being too much?" he asks the moment the door shuts.

"Mind telling me why?"

"Okay then, why does it matter if I'm here or not? it doesn't seem like you cared about my presence for the past week and then suddenly you're all over me, what's your deal? Weren't you just making out with a girl but now you're telling me to come and stay with you? What the fuck do you want? You're so fucking confusing, i don't even bother to understand you at this point!"

"You done?" I ask, to which he nods.

"I don't suddenly hate you, if that's what you're saying...it's quite the opposite actually, the truth is I like yo-" and then my phone rings.

I know who it is without having to check. I excused myself and go out onto the balcony to take the call. "Why haven't you called me?" my father says bluntly, but I could feel the anger and venom that was behind his words. "I had no reason to, i haven't-"

"Don't forget why you're there" my father interrupts before ending the call. How can I forget why I'm here, it was the only thing I can never forget, ever. I sulk as i walk out of the balcony to see Tan lying on his bed, eyes closed, arms behind his head, he looked so peaceful that it cooled the anger in my heart. In that moment, I knew I would never be able to let go of him, i wanted him more than just physically.

"You okay?'' Tan asks, leaning on his side now. I nod, "yeah". I fall onto my bed, my breathing matching Tan's, "you were telling me something?" Tan reminds and then i remember that i was going to confess until my father ruined it all, it seems odd to just say it now, doesn't it? I have to come up with something and fast. "I'll tell you soon" Tan leans back onto his bed and responds, "okay".

=================

Finally something is happening, thank you for reading this far.