Let's Make a Deal

Tan

I lift my groggy head, forcing my eyes open. My head pounded painfully, everything seemed almost blurry and i felt heavy. I was unable to move, panic filled me. Suddenly my heart was hammering in my chest, i felt like i couldn't breath, my eyes stung with tears. I tried to rub them away but my arms were stopped. I became more alert, my senses came back to me and i looked around, i was in a dark room. Fear ensued as i realized i was tied up, my arms at least. i tugged at the restraints, what the fuck was going on. I struggled against them as i realized this wasn't a nightmare, i was really here. I couldn't remember how i got here, all that was clear was that i'd been kidnapped. 

I fought against the ropes on my wrists but to no avail, my arms stung and hurt. I yelled out for help but there was nothing. I was alone here, no one knew where i was, i'd probably die down here,no-i will die down here. It felt like hours went by as i screamed and called for help to the point my throat ached. I slumped against the wall, defeated. No one would find me down here. I swallowed back the tears, i wouldn't cry, this couldn't be the end. I couldn't just die hopelessly in a dark room like some loser but it appeared that i was that loser, i had no phone or weapon to get out of here. My heart sunk as i realized that i was doomed, i couldn't believe this was happening to me. 

"Deja vu? you recognize this situation, don't you?" i lift my head, the familiar voice awakening me. 

"Who are you?" the light turned on and there before me stood, Rune's father. I felt it then, fear. "What do you want from me?" i ask and he laughs as he approaches me, my heart pained as i realized i'd been betrayed by Rune. He and his father did this to me, i felt terrified, my head began to spin and i could barely breathe. My chest felt heavy as if it were being crushed with a thousand pounds of weights. 

"Don't you remember?" he laughed, i tried to remember "3 years ago when you were kidnapped by me, of course you'd forgotten, the mind tends to forget things that it doesn't want to remember" he continued and i stared at him hatefully, slowly it came back to me and i could finally explain those sleepless nights, the fear of being restrained, being held down, it was because of him.

"You remember now don't you, that same day your sister died trying to save you, it was me who did that" i kicked at him, thrashing angrily. I was blinded with anger, "you fucking bastard, i'll fucking kill you" i screamed. I gasped as pain shot through me from my leg, he'd hit me with a metal rod i realized. "You're too loud" he chuckled darkly, "you killed my sister" i breathed, "you took her from me, you'll pay for it"

"You're scared aren't you? That day still haunts you till now even though you didn't remember it...its funny isn't it, how traumatized you were. How does it feel to relive it? All i want is to get Rune to see the bigger picture here, he's too weak, i need to make him see that, i know about you two of course, you're the only way he'll see what i'm showing him" 

"You deserve to die"

"I know that, iv'e killed more people than you can count, you're father too, but you know that already"

"So what? you sent Rune to bring me here?"

"That fool wouldn't have the guts to do it, he acts tough but he's weak, that's why i'm doing this"

"So i'm going to die here"

"Apparently"

"At least tell me why you killed her"

"You see, your father killed my wife 10 years ago, it made me realize that she was what made me weak"

"But you have Rune"

"Of course, but he is merely someone who'll have to take over my life's work. Your father stole from me, a flash drive that held very important information that could take down all the other gangs in Thailand. I kidnapped you then, but it became evident your father never cared for you, it surprised me really, i asked for an exchange yet he denied. It was very foolish, his daughter intervened, she used to work for my mother, and then i killed her but she still managed to get you out" i remained silent as i processed everything, everything had been a lie, my sisters death, my father...i thought of Rune and the thought of that was too painful. I finally understood how Rune felt.

"I have a lot of pent up anger, so you won't mind if i hurt you, right?

I'll stop, if you beg"i spat at this face, i wasn't going to cower in front of him. He could beat me to death and it wouldn't change anything. The metal rod made contact with my body again until i couldn't feel it, at least the pain made me forget it all. At this point i was certain that every part of me was broken, i'd fallen in and out of consciousness too many times to count, everything hurt like hell but i had to endure it, i wouldn't let him kill another member of my family. 

"Keep going!" i spat venomously, he laughed "i'm just getting started".

When i woke up, i couldn't feel anything, was i really dead? Is this how it was? I swear i could hear someone calling me, suddenly the room was bright and i recoiled at the light burning at my eyes. I couldn't lift my head, yet the voice was familiar. I closed my eyes, i was really tired...i just wanted to sleep and never wake up. I was exhausted, from what, i didn't know. Yet everything seemed so peaceful and tranquil when i closed my eyes. The voice calling me continued on and then i jolted awake, i met Rune's dark eyes and my mouth turned up in a smile that didn't reach my eyes. I wanted to say something but i didn't know what to say or my throat was just too dry, i didn't know.

"Stay with me, what did you do to him?" the voices overlapped each other until i could hear nothing, i was too tired to care what they were saying. I woke up and looked around, the pain seemed to have multiplied and it became unbearable. "Let me go! if you hurt him, i will kill you" Rune's voice. He was here, then my eyes closed in on him. His dark mop of hair, his tall muscled figure, his handsome face stood out prominently. "Wh-what are you..." Rune turned around, it was then when i saw that he was being held down by 3 burly men. "I have already hurt him dear son, as you can see, but you need to understand why i'm doing this" 

"Let him go, you want me don't you? Kill me if you want, just leave him alone" i quickly realized what was happening, he was here for me. "Rune, i'm going to die anyway, just go away" i managed to say, his worried eyes searched mine but i couldn't meet his eyes.

"No"

"Why don't you ever just listen to me? The only way this ends is if i die, if you do it, then its okay"

"Are you crazy?"

"Fortunately"

"Stop playing the sacrificial lamb, if you die, i'll go with you"

"Rune, i don't think you see whats going on here, he is whats making you weak"Rune turned to his father, i could imagine how he felt. "If you kill him-" 

"i will kill him either way"i felt my heart ache for Rune, for myself, for us. 

"I'll take over then, i'll do it as long as you let him go. I won't meet him again, i'll cut him out of my life, just please"

"No, i can't bear it if you leave Rune, you mean too much to me"

"I'm sorry"

"Okay then, let him go"

Within seconds Rune ran towards me, taking the restraints off. I fell over onto him, his arms wrapped around me. He nuzzled his face into my neck, his warm breath sending a shiver down my spine. His warm tears wet my neck, warming my cold skin. "I love you" his words hit me harder than the rod his father used on me. I never felt happier, his words warmed my heart and i smiled against his shirt. "I'm so sorry, this is my fault" he said, his voice cracking. I couldn't respond, too tired to after using up all my energy. Slowly he lifted me and i fell asleep to the sound of his heart beating. The words 'i love you' replaying in my head, lulling me to sleep.

When i woke up, i didn't bother to look around for his warm gaze, i didn't need to. He was gone, he left me like he always did. The truth was painful, but it was the truth and i had to accept that i'd never see him again this time. Cold tears trickled down the sides of my face, "i love you too" i whispered back.

---------------------------

Why am i crying when i wrote this? Anyways, thank you my readers for getting this far. Please continue to read and vote! XD