Reckless

Rune

"Did you find anything?" i asked Cheng De, one of my father's investigators.

"I went to the crime scene and i met one of our connections at the police department, you were right, Wayne is behind her murder. The cops are writing it off as a suicide, i assume that they were paid of by his boss. Do you need me to do anything else?" 

"So i was right...did you find out his address?"

"No, i didn't. There aren't any properties listed under his name either, unless we know his real name, we can't find out anything else...I used our facial recognition program but we didn't get anything, unless we can manage to get a better picture of him". I ran my hand through my hair, tugging at it. He wasn't invincible, i just had to find a way to get his identity. That way, i have something and i can properly attack him. Then it hit me.

"Is there any place that he often goes to? We won't be able to get close to him, but if we can hack into the local security cameras, we can probably get a good enough picture to use" 

"That's a good idea, do you still think you can identify him? Even after all these years?" 

"Of course" i answered before hanging up. Aside from 11 years ago, i'd encountered him 3 years ago at a crime scene, covered in blood. I'd finally get the revenge i needed, i wont be a disappointment to myself or my father and maybe, he might just accept me instead of loathing me. 

I stepped out of the dark balcony and fell down onto the bed, i will win this time.

"What are you thinking about?" Tan asked as he jumped onto the space beside me, "nothing" i responded. I burrowed my face into his neck and splayed my arm and leg on his sides, "let's just stay like this" i breathed as i inhaled his familiar scent. He nodded and i relaxed, "tell me about yourself?" he asked, taking me by surprise. "What do you want to know? there isn't much" i answered and he chuckled, "bullshit, you aren't an empty human being". 

"Well uh, i was born in xxxx, i'm 19, a male, bisexual, i like the color grey, i hate romance movies and i have a dad"

"That's a start, but that's basic information i could've found from your ID card, i want to know you" he said, my stomach jumped as i thought of what he'd said. No one had ever asked me that, had ever said they wanted to know me or even cared enough to. I felt something i'd never felt for so long and it frightened me. Wouldn't it be better if we didn't really know each other? If we were just in a relationship for momentary affection? Getting attached would only hurt me. 

But maybe this time it would be different or was that just wishful thinking? 

In the end, my mouth had a mind of its own.

"I lost my mother 10 years ago, she meant the world to me. Especially since i had no siblings and i was never able to play with other children. She always told me loved me, she was there for me...whenever i needed her, without her i was alone" i started, "but then she was murdered, i heard her scream in the middle of the night and i ran downstairs to only find her...she was gone" i continued, "you don't have to-" 

"its fine" i interrupted before taking a deep breath before i could continue.

"After my mom died, my dad hated me for it... he always said it was because i had failed to protect her, that if i loved her enough, i would've been able to do something" i said, feeling tears brim in my eyes, blurring my vision. "Did he give you those scars on your back?" he blurted and i nodded, "yes" i admitted for the first time. I felt a huge weight lifted off my chest, i told him something i'd never ever shared before, never cared or bothered to. I held my breath as i realized i'd told him what i'd hidden for so long and for the first time, i was afraid of what someone-what he, would think of me. His silence ate at me, did he blame me too?