Chapter 8

-Brooke-

Several weeks passed. I've been seeing Colby a lot, almost every day since the morning at the Hollywood sign. Our dates typically consisted of going to each other's place, ordering food and watching a movie, or recording a video together or with some friends. He took me back to the Hollywood sign too, just not at 4 in the morning this time. I met some more of his friends, and got to known Elton. He get's frustrated with me because I'm just as stubborn as he is and wouldn't back down from something once my mind was made up. Colby always seemed proud when I did, which made me laugh.

Brennen was really sweet too. He was stoked to meet me and I was stoked to meet him, Colby liked to talk about him a lot. When I wasn't with Colby, I was recording and editing, when I wasn't doing that, I was with Kat, Tara, and Dev. We had a lot of girls' nights and just watched movies, built forts, did stupid stuff, all of that fun jazz. I vlogged a lot of it, but cut most of it out for the sake of staying monetized.

However, I had to make adjustments with time as things with Lindsey Stirling advanced. Lindsey had finished the drafts of the music and I was going over them with her over Skype. We also discussed with her and her team about recording the music video, which they said would take about a week. The whole project has been in the making for months but Lindsey didn't want to advance with it because she needed "the right spark" which she said was me. I was pretty excited about the whole thing, and told my dad and sister all about it when I skyped them. They were very excited, especially Sky who loves Lindsey Stirling. I promised to facetime her when I was with Lindsey so Sky could met her.

Recording took place last week, and I was BOOKED. We wanted to squeeze it into a week since we already recorded all the music, all that needed to be done was record the video material. So all of that week, I spent at the studio with Lindsey and the team recording the music video. A lot of my fans had been asking about the lack of videos and I kept tweeting them that I was working on a big surprise, and that it would be announced soon once final touches are made. But FINALLY, the day of the music video's release has come (well, it's tomorrow but I gotta record the announcement) and I can announce it.

So I sat down in my office in my apartment and turned on the camera, and started recording.

"Hey everyone! It's ya girl, Brooke," I winked at the camera. "So I've been gone for a while, and there has been a serious lack in videos and I'm SO sorry," I put my hands together for the camera as I talked. "I've been really, really busy with the surprise project for a while now, and I didn't want to risk accidentally spoiling it. But I can finally say what it is! Just recently, I got into contact with THE Lindsey Stirling, and she asked me if I can feature in a music video that has been in the making for a while. Obviously I fangirled for about 20 minutes before answering her back, but that's what I've been caught up with. We've been going through the music and editing it, and recording it once it was ready, then we had to work on the choreography for the music video itself, and I had to really get myself in shape in time for recording, but with a lot of rigorous and intense training, I managed to get that done in time." I paused when my phone started ringing.

Great, more editing, I thought to myself. I muted my phone and went back to the video.

"And now the big release! The music video has dropped TODAY! Click the link in my bio, or the link at the end of my video. Also, please leave a comment or tweet me, asking what covers you want in the future, and I will get working on those ASAP. I do have a vlog channel, and I'll link that in my bio as well, but you can go there and check out what I've been doing during the day. I will be posting on this channel, the behind the scenes of the music video in a few days. So make sure you look for that." I paused to look at my outline to make sure I got everything. "Oh, a lot of you guys have been asking if I'm going to drop any merch, and it's actually in the making as we speak, and I'll announce that when it's out. But other than that, pretty short video," I laughed a bit. "But, I hope you enjoyed! Leave a like and a comment and make sure you hit that subscribe button and bell before you check out the music video, so you're notified when the behind the scenes video drops. Thanks so much for your patience and support, I'll see you guys next time! Bye bye!" I covered the camera then ended the recording.