Chapter 33

-Brooke-

"So where are we going again?" I asked, Colby who was driving me somewhere. We ate lunch and he told me to get dressed into a good exploring outfit. 

"An old warehouse that Sam and I would explore a lot when we were kids," He answered, making another turn.

"An old warehouse? You mean the one you two did a recording of?"

"Exactly," He smiled at me a moment. "You DO watch our videos!"

I laughed. "Of course I do. Anyways, isn't the warehouse haunted?"

"Yeah, which is why we're going during the day, it feels safer that way. Besides I just want to climb to the top and sit on the roof with you for a while." He blushed as he told me this and I smiled, poking his cheek.

"You're cute when you do stuff like this."

"Shut up," He chuckled. 

He eventually pulled into the neighborhood that surrounded the warehouse, parking along the street. He put the car into park and turned to me.

"So we gotta we fast about this, the neighbors will call the police if they see us," He told me, grabbing his backpack from the back seat. "So we have to be swift, don't stop running until we get into the woods."

"I'll be right behind you," I told him. He nodded.

"Good. Ready?" I nodded and we got out. He locked the car and we took off running across the field towards the woods in the distance. I kept a good pace behind Colby, letting him take the lead.

It had rained during the night, so the ground was wet, and I felt my foot sink in a couple places, but it didn't slow me down. I kept my pace. We made it to the woods and ducked behind some bushes and caught our breath.

"Okay, so it should be just ahead," Colby breathed, pointing down the path. 

"Think anyone saw us?" I asked.

"It's possible, but it should be fine," He shrugged. "I used to go here all the time."

"I'm trusting you," I smirked. He smirked back then took my hand and pulled me to my feet. We continued down the path, and before I knew it, the abandoned warehouse stood in front of me. I looked up to the top. I could have sworn I saw someone up there, but when I looked, nothing was there. I shivered at the thought of other people being here.

"Do other people come here?" I asked.

"Oh sure, plenty," He answered, keeping his hand in mine. "Most of them are friendly from what I understand, just people who live nearby that like to come here to look around."

"I'm assuming they aren't the same people who would call the police."

"Nah, definitely not," He chuckled. We walked up to the opening on the side of the warehouse an walked inside. The entirety of the room was empty, and my voice echoed as I spoke.

"Wow, it's bigger than I imagined."

"The videos don't do it justice," Colby agreed, shining his flashlight around. 

"You sure about coming back here after what happened when you stayed over night?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah it's not as scary during the day time."

We continued walking, looking around the empty warehouse. We came to an even bigger part of it, rubble and debris was scattered across the ground. Kansas was a little cooler than LA, but I still wore shorts since it was warm outside. But I was starting to regret that decision as I looked around at how many things I can slice my legs on. I didn't think we were going here of all places, but in all honesty I didn't pack any jeans, just leggings and shorts.