Chapter 52

The picture above felt so appropriate for this chapter. I'm sorry Colby lol<3

-Colby-

I sat in my cell bouncing my leg anxiously. Brooke was right. Sam and I got too arrogant and now we're paying for it. Our friends got arrested with us, but my dumbass had old fake ID's on me, so I got the worst of the blow. Sam and I had sat in a holding cell for the longest time, almost 8 hours before something changed, Sam was released. His bond was low enough that he could get himself out, but I couldn't do so.

When Sam left I was on my own, I wasn't sure where the others were. We all got driven in separate cop cars, but Sam and I ended up at the same jail. I held my head thinking about Brooke's words. I was an idiot.

I wasn't sure what time it was exactly, I had hardly slept the night before, but I hoped that today I would get bailed out. Sam knows where I am, he can call for help. God, my mom's gonna kill me. So is my dad. Gage too...I don't even know if I can look at Brooke after this. I'm so ashamed for not listening to her warning, she knew something like this would happen.

I had hung out with a couple of the guys here, they had taken me under their wing in a way to keep me safe from some of the others that kept giving me looks that had my skin crawling. I definitely did not belong here and they all knew it.

I had gotten a little anxious from being so out in the open, so I told the guys I was gonna go back to my cell and hang out for a bit. I sat on the bed bouncing my leg, thinking about what I was going to say to everyone. I just hoped Sam was trying to get me out.

I held my head as thoughts of Brooke came to mind again. She was furious with me for not listening, and she had every right to be. I was being an idiot and letting my arrogance get the better of me. I knew this would happen one day, I just wasn't expecting it so soon--we actually got caught. Brooke is going to rub this in my face, I know it, but I deserve it, I was being an ass.

Does she even know I'm in here? Maybe Sam texted her...

"Cole Brock," My name came on over the intercom so I walked over to the desk that was behind glass. An officer walked over to me, while the woman behind the desk looked at me.

"Congratulations, you're being released," She spoke apathetically, but I felt a wave of relief fall over me. I was getting out, Sam did it. One of the guards led me out and handed me my clothes and my stuff, so I quickly changed and got everything I owned back. I was then led out to the waiting area for families and friends.

I looked around expecting to see Sam, but froze in place when I saw her brown hair. She was sat in one of the chairs, holding her hands against her face, staring at the floor while her leg bounced anxiously. She looked up when I moved and her green eyes met my blue ones. Relief flooded her face as she jumped up and ran to me. She jumped up and wrapped her arms around my neck, one hand resting against the back of my head.

"Oh my god, Colby," She whispered, holding me. I started to wrap my arms around her, but stopped and shoved my hands in my pockets, shame hitting me hard in the gut. She pulled back after a minute and held my face in my hands. I looked back and forth between her eyes in shock, she was here...

"Let me look at you," She continued whispering, looking over me checking for injuries. "Are you hurt?"

I shook my head a bit in response and she hugged me again.

"Thank God you're okay."

I took in a shaky breath before speaking. "How did you find me?"

She pulled back to answer. "You owe your fans a thank you."