Chapter 9

-Brooke-

It's been 2 weeks since Colby asked me to be his girlfriend, and honestly, I don't think either of us know what we're doing. I've never been in a relationship or liked someone before, so I don't know how to express my affection to my boyfriend. Colby seems very tense, like he's scared he's going to do something to upset me and lose me. A feeling I know all too well, the fear of hurting the people you care about, and they leave you behind.

I went to the girls about my concerns about my relationship with Colby. I have no idea what I'm doing, and I'm worried he thinks I'm losing interest in him, which isn't the case. I invited them over for a girl's night to talk about my issues.

In other news, my career as a musician has skyrocketed. Lindsey's music video did really good, and I've reached 1 million subscribers on Youtube. I even got another offer from Alessia Cara to do a cover with her some time, I agreed to it, and she's working out a date for us to record. I freaked out about it to my dad and sister and Sky is once again demanding a facetime call to meet her. I told her I'd do my best. I also launched my first set of merch which sold out within a few days, I made a mental note to make sure I have more merch available next time; I was surprised with how well it sold. I called Trina, Opal, and Lyla as well. I'd been neglecting them a bit trying to keep up with the sudden rise in subscribers, and working on video ideas.

"Girl, it's fine," Opal said. "You're getting all famous and we're happy for you."

"Thanks, that's good to hear," I told her. I was tidying up my apartment before the girls came over. "God, I feel like I've lost all control of organization ever since I did the music video with Lindsey. I've got a whole mess of a posting schedule that I'm trying to fix. I've got sheet music to write for the covers subs have suggested to me. I mean I have a general idea of a layout, so it's not as bad now, but still."

"Girl you should have said something, we are totally willing to help organize your schedule," Trina stated. I tensed, waiting for the inevitable 'if you...' that follows right after. "But only, if you're willing to shout us out, and encourage your fans to follow us. We can't let all this fame get to your head after all."

I bit back a retort. "That's alright, I can handle this."

"What?" Lyla butt in. "You don't want us to be happy too? You're gonna take all the fame and credit? We've done nothing but SUPPORT you for the past 7 months. Suddenly you move to LA, get all famous, and we don't matter anymore?"

"No, no, Lyla that's not what I meant," I started, turning back to the camera. I stopped when I saw her crying. 

"It's so hard," She sniffed. "Without you here you know? You were always just...a quick drive away and we could do all this together, and get excited over your sub count together, but you moved away, and it was a good idea, but now it's like you've forgotten about us." 

I felt my heart clench. "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to neglect you guys."

Trina sighed. "Brooke, we're gonna be honest with you. The three of us have been talking about you. You really seem happy with your new friends in LA, and we feel left out. So if you want, we'll end the call, and walk out of your life for good. Just like...well...your mom did."

I felt my stomach flip, and I almost threw up right there. "My mom...didn't leave she died."

"Yeah, and she left you behind," Opal said. "I'm sorry, but it's the truth. I know this isn't easy for you to hear. But if you want us to leave we will."

"No...no, no. I don't want that. I'll do better, I'll consult you more. Maybe I can come to Washington soon and visit, we can do a video together, I'll give you three a shout out to your social media accounts too," I bargained. Trina smiled. I hated that smile, the smile she gives when she knows she's getting exactly what she wants.