Chapter 39

-Brooke-

"Can you start Monday?" The older man asked me. His icy blue eyes bore into my green ones as I managed a nod.

"Yes sir, that will be fine," I answered. He smiled and stood up, putting a hand out for me to take. I quickly stood and shook his hand.

"Well, Brooke, I'll see you Monday." With that he led me out of his office and down the stairs. I'd managed to land myself a job at a grocery store near by. I wanted to get a proper job going before Colby and I recorded the video. After he got sick he ended up with a small case of laryngitis, so he couldn't talk for a few days pushing the video back even more. While he was recovering, I took a moment to apply at different places near by, and got a call from the store asking when I could come in.

I hate retail with a passion. I've never had to actually work retail in the past, but I worked at a gas station for a while, which was close to being the same thing except there's more creepy guys and less angry people. I've seen what poor retail employees had to go through though, and I wasn't excited to be one of them but the store pays well, and it's temporary.

Colby's voice has come back so we're recording the video today once I got done with the interview. I called Colby as I left the store.

"Hey," He answered.

"I got the job!" I squealed into the phone.

"You're strangely excited to be working retail," he laughed.

"Not really, but it's a job nonetheless," I shrugged. I got into my car, locked the doors, and started the engine.

"Well I'm proud of you, I knew you had it in the bag though," He chuckled.

"Thanks," I smiled as I pulled out of the space. "I'm on my way to your place. I've got my recording equipment."

"We can just record with my equipment and I could send you the footage," He mentioned.

"I mean, yeah, but I didn't want to ASSUME that was the plan, that's rude."

"You're a drama queen, just get over here without crashing," He chuckled and I grinned to myself.

"Yes sir, I'll be there in 15."

"Love you, be safe."

We hung up and I tossed my phone into the passenger seat. I focused on getting to his place safely without getting hit by anyone—it seemed all the idiot drivers of LA were on the roads today. I pulled into the parking garage and killed the engine before working my way up to his apartment.

I took the stairs as usual and after a moment found myself outside his apartment door. I jiggled the knob surprised to see it was locked, before I could knock though the door swung open and Colby was stood smiling at me. He had on a simple tee and one of his pairs of black jeans. He leaned down to peck my lips before greeting me. I walked in and set my stuff down.

He had already set his camera up along with the lights. All we had to do was sit down and explain everything, but honestly I was nervous. I knew how the fans would react, and I knew all the different reactions that we would get but I knew this was for the best. I kept asking Colby if he was sure about this and he kept reassuring me saying yes.

"You ready?" Colby asked behind me, startling me from my thoughts.

"Yeah," I breathed. "Let's get this over with."

I checked my appearance in my phone camera before settling down on the couch, Colby hit record on his camera and sat down next to me. I chewed on my lip nervously as I thought over everything once again. I replayed my script in my head—knowing damn well it wasn't going to go that way. Colby looked at me and I met his eyes. He raised his eyebrows at me.