Chapter 13

-Colby's POV-

She had her hand in mine, gripping it tightly as we walked up to the little bakery we agreed to meet her friends at. She's been quiet the whole time, I asked her about them a couple times, and she answered my questions but got quiet again. She seemed terrified. Before we walked in, I pulled on her arm stopping her and turning her to me.

"Brooke, if you don't want to do this then we don't have to," I told her softly. "We can walk away."

She laughed a bit. "Don't be silly, come on. They can't wait to meet you." With that we walked inside, her friends standing up and running to greet us. 

They wrapped their arms around Brooke and hugged her tight, squealing about how much they've missed her and are so happy to see her. Then they took their attention to me and shook my hand, saying they were happy to finally meet me, I greeted them politely before Brooke and I went to order. We both got waters and a pastry before sitting down with the girls to talk.

"We're SO happy to finally meet you, Colby," Opal said gleefully. 

"Yeah! We've watched your videos too, your really brave for doing stuff like that," Trina said, leaning forward on the table. 

"Brave?" Brooke raised an eyebrow at her. 

"Yeah! I mean, it's not easy to do stuff like that for normal people. We're too scared to," Lyla commented. I had my arm across the back of the booth we were in, my hand rubbing Brooke's shoulder carefully. 

"Well, I appreciate you saying that. It means a lot," I smiled at them.

"No problem! Thanks for taking such good care of Brooke, it eases our minds knowing she's in such good hands," Trina continued.

"Aw girls..." Brooke smiled sheepishly. I smiled and pulled Brooke to me.

"No need to thank me, she's been a blessing for me as well," I told them. They all cooed at the interaction. 

"I'm really glad she went to LA now, she met you after all, and you seem to really be loving and supporting her through everything, it makes it a lot easier for her with the workload she's got," Opal smiled at me gently. I looked down at Brooke and smiled at her. She smiled back and sipped at her water.

I glanced back at Opal. "I'm glad I can help her in anyway that I can. I'm proud of all her progress and amazed at how hard she works at this."

"You're so sweet to her," Lyla grinned, leaning her chin in her hands. I chuckled.

"I'm just doing what I can," 

"You've been such a blessing, Colby," Brooke smiled up at me, putting her arm around my waist. "Seriously, I wouldn't be where I am without the support you and the girls have given me."

I kissed her forehead, then took her cup and stood up. "I'll get us some more water, I'll be right back." With that I excused myself to fill up our cups. 

I thought to myself about how nice these girls are. How did Kat get irked by them? They've been really sweet and kind the whole time. They seem so supportive of Brooke, too...maybe Kat did look too much into the situation.

I walked back toward the table but caught a passing comment in the conversation they were having.

"What do you mean you won't break up with him?" Opal's voice asked, harsher than it was before when I was talking to her. My eyebrows scrunched in concern and I got out of sight, listening to what they were saying."

"I mean...you're just joking around right?" Brooke asked timidly.

"No! We mean it," Trina scoffed. "Break up with him, and get him to be with one of us. He's way out of your league, you don't deserve someone like him. He's just going to distract you from the ultimate goal, getting all of us famous. You can't take all the credit, we're the ones who helped you get your channel to really get big. And who helped you go viral? That's right, us."