Chapter 22

-Brooke-

A few weeks have passed since the incident at the haunted house. I've mostly recovered from what happened, but I've started leaving my bathroom light on at night. I don't like walking around at night, and I haven't agreed to go on another exploring video with Colby since then. Colby has been understanding, and hasn't forced me into doing anything, part of me still thinks he feels guilty for what happened, even though it wasn't his fault. 

I've taken the past couple weeks to relax, and slowly got back into the swing of work. I started editing previously recorded videos, and working on scripts for new videos. Fans were asking for Q&A's but I was nervous about doing those, because most of the questions people ask me now are about the rumors all over social media. I've addressed the situation enough and don't intend to keep bringing it up, thus repeating myself. I've recorded some music videos, and Kat and I are discussing making another cover to post. She's stuck with musician's block and is trying to find inspiration for a song, but needs to post something.

Sam and Colby are hitting a block too, they're thinking of going back to Kansas to get some inspiration and try to clear their heads, Colby asked me to go with him and I agreed. He wants me to meet his parents. I was of course nervous about meeting them, but I wanted to go through with it. I mean, he met my family, why shouldn't I meet his?

A knock at my apartment door surprised me out of my train of thought. I looked at the door in confusion; I don't remember ordering anything, and Colby is with Sam today. So who in the world could it be? Kat maybe?

I put my laptop next to me on the couch then walked over to the door, looking through the peep hole. I didn't see anyone so I opened the door and looked around but what caught my eye was the piece of paper that was stuck to my door. It was folded up, so I couldn't read it. I glanced around nervously one more time then shut my door and locked it. 

I then walked over and sat on my couch, carefully unfolding the piece of paper. I dropped the paper in surprise as I read the words, scratched into the paper so much the person almost put the pen through the paper. 

STAY AWAY FROM COLBY IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU.

I stared at the paper as it stared back at me from it's spot on the floor. I swallowed hard, when I heard footsteps outside my apartment door. I glanced nervously at the door.

Are they back? The person who put this note on my door?

I rushed over and pulled the door open quickly hoping to catch a face, but only caught someone darting around the corner, too fast for me to see, much less catch up with. With a note like this, it might be dangerous to go after them. 

I slammed my door shut and locked it again. My whole body was shaking, and my head was spinning so fast I thought I was going to pass out. Who left this note, and HOW did they know where I lived?

I scrambled into my bedroom and grabbed my phone from my pocket, calling Kat. I wasn't sure what else to do, all I knew is that I had to leave my apartment right now. It took several tries to get the phone to ring, as my hands were shaking too much to even unlock my phone.

Kat answered thankfully when I finally managed to call. "Hello?"

"Kat, I need you to come over. Now," I said urgently.

"What happened?" She asked, worry slipping into her voice.

"Please just come over, quickly."

She agreed, and we hung up. I paced around my bedroom nervously, the curtains drawn, and the lights off. I focused all of my energy into listening to my surroundings, paranoid the person will come back. I about jumped out of my skin when a knock rang at my door.