Chapter 37

-Brooke-

"What's up guys," Sam started the video. "I'm joined today by Kevin, Jake, Colby, Reggie, Kat, Tara, and Brooke." We all cheered or waved to the camera. Colby coughed dramatically, and Jake slapped him hard on the back.

"Ow!" He yelled, proceeded by another cough. We all laughed before Same continued.

"Today we're playing another blind hide and seek, me being the seeker of course," He explained. "For those of you who don't know..." Sam went on to explain how to play the game and the rules behind it. While he was doing that I was already looking around for places to go--I've never been very good at hide and seek.

"Okay, so I'm gonna give you guys 5 minutes to go hide, make sure you record your perspectives." Sam turned the camera off, grabbed his nerf gun, and walked out of the apartment leaving us to hide. We all got up off the couch. 

Kevin was laughing a lot as he went into the bathroom--not the one in Sam's room. Jake went upstairs, followed by Kat who was trying to shove him out of the way--there was a lot of yelling involved. Reggie ended up going to Sam's room, who knows where he was going to hide in there. Colby turned to me.

"Hide together?" He asked.

"Usually it's strength in numbers, but in this case, baby," I smirked. "You're on your own." I walked up poking his nose before walking to Sam's bathroom, to the closet at the very back. I got behind some of the clothes, sat down on my butt. I recorded where I was and turned the camera off, before reading my book again--had to pass the time while I waited to be caught.

A few minutes passed and I heard Sam's warning knock, I smiled a bit to myself as I got excited. Eventually the door opened and I could hear Sam.

"Ready or not..." He started, followed by the sound of the door closing. "Here I come." I heard a few exaggerated moans, and judging by the pitch, it was either Jake or Colby. I heard Reggie's laugh from Sam's room but only spared a few giggles myself, continuing to read.

I was eventually too distracted to read, I was listening to Sam's every foot step, and the sounds being made--helping me determine where he is. I started to wonder where Colby ended up hiding. He never followed me so I didn't think he was in Sam's room--maybe the main living area?

I heard Sam go up the staircase to the loft above. Where I knew Kat and Jake were. I listened intently to see if they would get caught. I heard Sam's muffled voice as he commentated--but nothing about him catching anyone. A couple agonizing minutes passed before I hears Kat's scream followed by her infamous laugh--she was found. 

I waited a couple more minutes before I heard him descending the stairs--he didn't find Jake up there. 

Nope...spoke too soon. I heard Jake yell, he must have moved downstairs at the last minute. Sam found him. With the closet door closed I couldn't hear Sam's voice very well, but when his voice became clearer I began to realize he was checking his room and bathroom.

I pleaded he would find Reggie first--and he did. Reggie had the inconspicuous spot of hiding on Sam's bed. Not sure how he thought that would work. Sam caught him and Reggie yelled out a moment before laughing laughing. I heard Jake's voice and I determined he was probably recording. A moment passed their voices faded--something about Sam hearing something in the living area.

I jumped when the closet door opened a moment later. The lights were off so I couldn't tell who it was until they bumped into me as they slid into my hiding spot with me. The scent of his cologne hit me before his voice did.

"Brooke?"

"Colby?" I asked at the same time. I started to laugh but his hand went over my mouth.