Chapter 60

-Brooke-

I hit the last note then paused, holding the mic up in the air. I let my breath try to catch up with me and felt a bead of sweat run down the side of my face. After holding my position for a moment, I dropped my arm and I let out a breath. I turned to my back up dancers and singers laughing a bit. We just did that.

I turned to the crowd again and bowed before lifting my head again and bringing the mic to my lips.

"Thank you Toronto!" I yelled into the mic, causing the crowd to erupt with cheers. I dropped the a mic to take another breath before speaking to them again. "Everyone get home safe! And thank you so much for coming out!"

I blew a kiss to the audience once more and I got several in return. I put the mic down carefully on the elevated platform and walked off stage, waving to everyone as I exited. Once I got behind the curtains and out of view of the fans, I collapsed against a wall. I was over heated and very dehydrated.

My tour was almost over. I've got about a 3 day drive back to LA ahead of me, where my final concert will be. Kat will be singing with me on the stage, we'll be performing several of her songs along with my original and a couple of covers I got permission to perform. I'll be able to see everyone again too.

This past month and a half has not been easy. The first two weeks was the hardest, every time something went wrong I could feel myself breaking down and wanting nothing more than to give up and go home where Colby was. But I held my own and got through each situation that came to me. And I really enjoyed it. I got to see new places and meet so many amazing fans. I had the best team I ever could have asked for, I never would have been able to do this all on my own. Mikey was my main man, getting everything together and when something went wrong, he fixed it pronto.

Once I started handling things on my own and working through my emotions, I found myself relying less and less on other people's help. I called Colby when I knew I needed the support, but mostly I was able to handle things on my own. It gave me time to really think about everything in my life and everyone in my life. Colby and I got focused on our work, but always remembered to call each other every night.

After some of the shows I had some parties to attend, and alcohol was involved. I never drank any. I was told I could but I didn't feel the need to put myself in that situation. I had several situations where some random douche would come up and try to flirt with me or get me to sleep with them, but I shot them all down. This was why I wanted to stay sober, I didn't want to put myself in a vulnerable situation when I had Colby to think of back home.

Despite the distance, I've never felt closer to Colby. We had been spending so much time with each other that we never really were apart, but the distance has put an obstacle in our relationship that I was worried would ruin things, but it didn't. It just taught us to work with what we've got. It taught us how to be a good couple without letting anything try to sabotage that.

I called Sam a couple of times during tour, asking him about Colby. And to my surprise, Colby really shaped up. He still missed me as much as I missed him, but we didn't let that stop him from getting stuff done. He stepped up, and looked at the bright side of things, not letting a negative attitude get in the way. But he didn't bottle up his emotions, he always either came to me or Sam when he was struggling but that's what kept him going. He relied on people when he needed to, but most of the time was able to work through his emotions on his own.

I was happy to hear he was handling himself well. So I made sure to do the same. I had a lot of heart-to-hearts with Mikey. Usually late at night when everyone else was sleeping. He'd pour us a little bit to drink and I'd talk to him about my fears and anxieties. He'd listen and help me through it.