Chapter 38

-Brooke-

"Oh my God!" I yelled. I caught him under his arms and let him put his weight on me. "Colby! Wake up!" I lowered myself carefully to the floor with him, bending a knee to stop me from falling too. I then let him lean against my bent knee while I turned him onto his back, and lowering him to the floor, protecting his head.

I heard footsteps and the door opened a moment later, almost hitting me. Sam barged in with Kat on his tail.

"What happened?" Sam asked, before he saw Colby collapsed on the floor, my arm cradling his head.

"Sam!" I gasped. "Oh thank God."

"What happened?" He asked, panic rising in his voice as he collapsed on the floor next me to get to Colby. "Colby? Colby!"

"Sam!" I yelled. Kat was stood in the door way with wide eyes.

"What?" He asked.

"I need your help, go find me a thermometer," I ordered.

"But-"

"Now!" I yelled again. He stumbled to his feet and ran the bathroom, he came back a moment later with a thermometer. I took it and stuck it under Colby's arm.

"Kat find a washcloth and get it under luke warm water, ring it out completely. I just need it damp," I told Kat. Kat nodded and hurried inside, looking for what I asked for. While she did that the thermometer beeped and I checked it.

"103. I knew it," I chuckled dryly. "He's so going to get it later."

"Should we call an ambulance?" Sam asked.

"No, I think he's okay," I answered, feeling Colby's face. "The fever is bad but not dangerous yet. I think..." Do I say it? "He and I were making out, I think the intensity of it all took a toll on him."

Sam nodded but didn't say anything else, he just watched his friend's face for any sign of him waking up. Kat hurried back with a washcloth.

"Got it," She said.

"Okay, Sam help me sit him up." I started to lift Colby and had him lean forward against Sam. I took the washcloth from Kat and put it against the back of Colby's neck.

"This should hopefully cool him off and help bring the fever down, if not we might have to get him into the bath," I said.

"How do you know all this?" Sam asked me. I looked at him.

"Nurse aide remember?"

Colby groaned a bit and I got to his side to see his face. Sam's eyes widened.

"Colby?" Sam asked. I brushed Colby's hair out of his face.

"Hey, can you hear us?" I asked gently. I saw his eyes open weakly and he looked around a bit before his eyes met mine.

"Hey..." He groaned. I smiled a bit.

"Hey sleepy head," I teased. I saw Sam exhale in relief when he heard Colby's voice answer.

"Anything hurt, baby?" I asked. He shook his head.

"I have a massive headache," He mumbled.

"Yeah that's probably the fever." I nodded.

"Fever?"

"Yep, 103."

"Dang..."

"Yeah," I laughed. "And you thought it was smart to make out with me like that."

He shrugged a bit, his eyes closing as he continued resting against Sam. "Not my fault you're hot."

We all laughed at that.