Chapter 16

Picture is irrelevant to the story I just thought it was cute :,)

-Brooke-

I was sat next to Colby as he uploaded the video. Once it posted, he clicked on it, and we watched it together.

"I redid the intro so many times, and changed things, and...yeah it was a lot of work but I'm beyond proud of it. Sam watched it too and told me it was really good, so I'm hoping you like it too," He explained to me. I kissed his cheek.

"I already love it," I said, as the video started. 

"What's up guys," The video started with Colby sat in his living area. "Today...I'm posting a more serious video involving a question circling the internet. The title gives it away, but I have a girlfriend, and I think you guys already know who she is, she's been in a lot of videos and she's been all over my social media. But, yes it's Brooke," The video cut to a video of me long the trail to the Hollywood sign. It was one of our early morning trips to see the sunrise judging by the lighting. It was slowed down as I turned to smile at Colby behind the camera. "It's not a joke this time. I know in the past I've made jokes about girls being my girlfriends before, but I always made it explicitly clear that we're just friends...with Brooke I thought it would be the same way," The video cut again to a picture Colby took of the two of us, sitting at the beach together. "I mean we got along really well, and she was always so sweet and friendly to me, but as we talked more and got closer the more I realized that the feelings I had for her, weren't for that of a friend. I saw her in a more romantic way honestly, that kinda scared me," We now were seeing a clip that Sam recorded of the two of us at an overnight, with him leaning on my shoulder when we thought the camera was off, I was leaning my head against his as I looked through my phone, we were talking quietly. "She was so perfect in ways I never could have imagined and she made my life...so much brighter. I found myself smiling around her more than anyone else, I was always looking for her in a group of people, I found myself constantly wondering what she was up to, and felt lonely when she wasn't there at my side."

I paused the video and looked at Colby to kiss him. He put a finger on my lips stopping me.

"Watch the video all the way through, THEN you can kiss me," He told me, chuckling.

"No! I'm happy now I want to kiss you now!" I giggled. He laughed and turned my head back to the video and hit play, forcing me to watch.

We were looking at clips of us on dates that Colby took, and a few that I took of him, then some of us together. "I didn't know how to approach my feelings for her, but with my friends' support I was able to admit to how I feel, and she told me she felt the same." We were now seeing the part he recorded when he asked me to be his girlfriend officially, specifically when I said yes, and he showed me the necklace. I touched the necklace which I hadn't removed. Colby lifted a hand to it too, looking it over. I didn't take my eyes off the video.

The video continued. "Brooke has been an amazing girlfriend these past few months. And the reason we waited so long was because of two main reasons which the two of us will mention later," The video went to Colby still sitting on his couch smiling at the camera. "I want you guys to love her, and I want you guys to understand how happy this girl makes. She's more than just a social media star to me, she's more than just a girl I get along with, she's someone I can see myself with for a long time. Someone who stepped into my life and changed everything in the best way possible, a girl who completes me in a way that no one else can. I honestly couldn't see myself getting into a relationship like this for a while, but she took all those fears and insecurities and threw them out the window the second I shook her hand when I first met her. She made me feel like it was possible to love like this. She's always looking out for me and making me feel loved and not forgotten about despite how busy she is, and I work hard to make sure she's safe and protected. I do everything I can to be a good boyfriend, cause she's the best girlfriend I could've asked for." I leaned my head against Colby's shoulder and his arm went around me. He was bouncing his leg nervously. "I can ask you guys not to give her any hate, but I know it won't eliminate it completely. But we don't care what people have to say about us, because the biggest thing is that we're happy, and we love each other. That's what matters with this," He a paused a moment before continuing. "The next bit of footage is something I recorded with Brooke, to help you guys understand why we waited so long. Thank you all for the support," With that the video went to the footage I recorded with Colby in Bellavue. We didn't watch that since I already knew what happened.