Chapter 34

-Colby-

"Whoa what?" Sam said, almost jumping up. "When did this happen?"

"Easy, brother," I told him, taking his arm. "Just hear her out."

Brooke explained her reasoning behind her idea, and that it's not a permanent thing, only temporary. I wasn't completely on board with the idea, but I had this feeling that kept telling me that she's right. This might be our best bet to get the girls to own up and confess. Brooke doesn't want to give into their wishes, and the last thing they'd want is either of us leaving social meda, because it doesn't get them the positive attention they want, only the hate they are avoiding. 

Her idea is...comically ingenious, but I worried about what to do if we agreed it was our best bet. I'd be okay casually being in videos with Sam and stuff, but I don't want to record any videos with people. Brooke said she wants to find another job, but I wasn't sure what kind of job she meant. 

Sam went quiet for a long time as he thought over Brooke's idea, as if pondering whether to say no or not. I was feeling the same way, but surprisingly, I agreed with Brooke. These girls are starting to get really out of hand, they've brought me into the mix, which I don't care, but she obviously does. And I know that if those girls drag our friends into the mix, it would get worse. They don't seem to stop at anything, but when we turn the attention back towards them, exposing them for the lies and the things they've done, then they'll realize they can't win. Despite how risky this plan is, it actually makes sense. It just might work.

Sam took a breath and looked at us. "Okay."

"Okay?" I questioned.

"I hear what you're saying, Brooke," He looked at her. "And I have to admit, it makes sense. In a weird way it almost seems like a fool proof plan."

"Thanks I think," She smiled.

He hesitated a moment. "I think this is up to you guys."

"Sam-" I started.

"Seriously, I can record videos on my channel and be fine, and we still get paid for our Sam and Colby channel, I'm not worried about the financial things. Heck, we might even save money from this, spending less money on these trips and whatnot," He laughed a bit. I shook my head smiling while he looked back at Brooke. "I get the feeling you're leaving one way or another though."

Brooke nodded. "I made that decision earlier. I'm gonna take a break from social media all together, I'm gonna tell Mikey that I'm taking a leave of absence until further notice, and if he drops our contract, then he drops our contract. That's all there is to it."

"You sure this is what you want?" I asked, taking her hand. 

She nodded. "Yeah, I don't have a love for music anymore. The toxicity of the things that happened in my life have ruined that, I want to learn to love music again on my own terms. Play my instruments when I want, not because I have to. I'm tired of doing something I'm not happy with."

"What about work?" Sam asked.

"Well I'll still get paid from Youtube, but I'll get another job."

"Where?"

"I'm a CNA remember?" She chuckled, looking at us both. "There's an exam I can study and pay for that's taking place in a couple months. I'll sign up and go take that test, be certified in LA and get a job at a hospital somewhere."

"You really think you can do that?" I asked.

"It hasn't been a year since I passed the last exam, so I don't have to retake my class, but I'm not certified in LA, so I just have to do that."