Chapter 25 Read A/N please!

Once again, I did not want to go through the whole legal process and the healing process--as I'm not as experienced on that side of things. My intention for the previous chapter was to bring attention to something that is VERY real in the world we live in.

This chapter takes place a few months later--I hope you guys continue to read this with an open mind. :)

Also please read the A/N when you get to the end of the chapter, I have a request for some of you ;)

-Brooke-

A few months have passed since the incident that took place. I've slowly been coming to terms with what happened, but I haven't been out and about by myself since then. I wait for someone to go out with me. I even took a weekend to go back home to Washington and spend time with my family. Colby stayed in LA for that trip, I decided it was best for me to go by myself--I kept Colby on the phone with me the whole time until it was time for me to board the plane. I was anxious being on my own.

I had started going to see a therapist to help me come to terms with what happened, and it's been tremendously helpful. I found myself very fortunate that Colby and Sam took action and helped me get out of there--and calling the police. The court trials went on for a month, I wanted them to be done in over with rather than spacing them out over the period of several months. The men who assaulted me were found guilty for stalking, assault, and several other things. Point is they are in jail now. They weren't fans of Colby at all it turns out, they actually didn't like Colby at all, and were trying to hurt him by getting to me. It was a sick situation, but I was happy they were just put into jail; I wanted to move on from what happened.

I got very tense around a lot of my male friends, and I even got a little distant from Colby. I'm getting better though, I'm still comfortable around Colby and I feel safe again. I can give Sam hugs again without going into an anxiety attack, and the same applies to Jake and Corey. It's a process, but I'm much better than I was when it initially happened.

Corey was actually the one who suggested therapy. Just so I could get all of my thoughts and feelings out about the situation, and have a professional who could suggest coping methods, and things to practice to help me slowly recover. She reminded me often to see the bright side, and not focus too much on what COULD have happened. I was fortunate, I got away before the men could remove any of my clothes and hurt me in other ways. I got out of there with a couple of bruised ribs, but nothing was broken, and everything had fully healed after a couple of weeks. I was in a very scarring and scary situation, but I've been focusing on the good things. The therapy really helped, and just recently I felt like I was at a point where I could end the therapy sessions--and I admit I cried a little. But my therapist fully agreed with me, and told me she was proud of me and impressed with the recovery I had made.

This weekend, Sam, Colby, and I are going to Kansas. We were supposed to go months ago, but got caught up with all the legal issues and the fact that I was closing myself up in my apartment, refusing to leave half the time. Now that I'm back to my usual self most of the time, we felt this weekend was a good time to go. I was very nervous though--I'm going to be meeting Colby's family in person. I had seen them several times over Facetime and Skype, but not in person like this. Somehow that felt more nerve wracking.

"Babe, you're over thinking it," Colby chuckled as I struggled to find outfits to bring.

"I want to look nice! I wear sweatshirts and leggings all the time! They'll think I'm a slob!" I rambled, holding outfits up in my mirror. I don't dress nice very often, but now I'm breaking out all the cute dresses I've bought but never wore.

"Brooke, it's really not as bad as you're making it out to be, my parents already love you, and my brother has been dying to meet you," He chuckled.