Happy Valentine's Day *NSFW*

Audrey Rose sat at her desk when she heard a knock on the door. Turning her head to see who was there, she laid her eyes upon her husband, Thomas Cresswell, and smiled. He flashed her his signature Cresswell smirk before entering their chambers and crossing the distance between them. As he walked, Audrey Rose noticed he held one arm behind his back as though he was hiding something. She raised a brow at him, curiosity written among her features. Thomas stopped directly beside her, resting his hand on the desk and leaning into it. When Audrey Rose was standing, Thomas was already much taller than her, but with her sitting in a chair, his body practically towered over hers—so much so that she had to look completely upwards to see his face. He looked down at her before pressing a chaste kiss to her mouth. "Hello, Iubirea mea," Thomas mumbled against her lips in Romanian.

After they had gotten married nearly a year ago, Thomas had started speaking in the language quite often—usually in different terms of endearment, his favourites being; dragă, printesa mea, Iubirea mea, and sotia mea. Audrey Rose loved it whenever he spoke Romanian, both because she knew how much it meant to him and because it made him sound even more desirable than usual—if that was even possible.

Audrey Rose asked, "what are you hiding, Thomas?" He then proceeded to reveal what he had been concealing from her sight. It was a card. She cocked her head to the side and Thomas gestured with his chin for her to take the card from his hand, which she then did. The card was beautiful—absolutely stunning. It was painted with multiple shades of dark purples and blues, with accents of white and gold in the shape of—constellations, Audrey Rose realized. She looked back up at him and inquired, "did you paint this yourself?"

Thomas nodded. "I did indeed. I did the calligraphy myself as well." Audrey Rose looked back down at the card in her fingertips, taking in all of the intricate details. "Read it," Thomas instructed after a moment. Audrey Rose opened the card to see elegant black cursive along the page. It read;

My dearest Audrey Rose Cresswell,

Your love is like a scalpel;
sharp, strong and gets under my
handsome skin.
I want you to know that
I love you.
I love you the way parasites love their hosts,
wholly invading and a bit too much.
(Much like this Valentine)

Yours, Thomas Cresswell

Audrey Rose couldn't contain the grin spreading across her lips. She swiftly grabbed the lapels of his jacket and pulled him down to meet her lips. Thomas cupped her face in his hands, deepening the kiss. Audrey Rose was the one to pull away. "Te iubesc," she whispered in Romanian.

Thomas smiled and replied, "I love you too, Audrey Rose. Even though you pronounced it wrong." He let out a breathy chuckle, causing her to scoff and roll her eyes. "I wasn't raised from birth to speak Romanian, unlike someone," Audrey Rose stated as she poked a finger at his chest accusingly.

Thomas only shook his head and laughed before stealing another quick kiss from her. "Fair enough, though I do say it often—"

Audrey Rose cut him off with a peck. When Thomas pulled back, he saw a card in her hands, but it wasn't the one he gave her minutes prior. She watched as his brows furrowed with confusion, Audrey Rose only rolling her eyes and teased, "you cannot seriously believe that I wouldn't get you a Valentine's Day card of my own, right?" Thomas smiled lightly at her and grabbed the card from her hand. She added, "I'm sorry it doesn't look as beautiful as the one you gave me."

Thomas looked up, meeting her gaze. He grabbed her hand, raising it to his mouth to brush a kiss against her knuckles. "You could give me a piece of rubbish and I'd cherish it for the rest of my life, Audrey Rose." Her cheeks flushed as she watched him silently. She spoke, "open it." Thomas turned his attention to the card, Audrey Rose taking her hand back from his. Thomas opened it and she remembered word for word what was written: