Heavenly Desires *NSFW* (Part 3)

Thomas held the door open for Audrey Rose as she entered the laboratory, himself following suit. He made sure the door was secured tightly behind him afterwards, ensuring no one would be able to walk in on the event about to take place.

"Uncle Jonathan should be occupied for quite some time. I am not entirely sure when he will return, but he should at the very least be gone for two hours," Audrey Rose stated, turning to face Thomas.

He flashed her his signature Thomas Cresswell smirk, replying, "then it appears as though we will have to make this quick which might be difficult for you, my lovely wife. I know I would certainly take my precious time exploring my body if I were you."

Audrey Rose rolled her eyes. "You couldn't sound more self-absorbed if you tried."

"Not self-absorbed, Audrey Rose—just stating facts," Thomas corrected. "I have looked in a mirror before."

His wife shook her head though a smile threatened to tug up at the corners of her mouth. "You are insufferable."

Thomas didn't bother responding, though many clever retorts crossed his mind. Instead, he held out his hand, Audrey Rose understanding and placing her cane in his palm so she could remove her silky gloves.

As Thomas gazed at the cane in his hand, he couldn't help the chuckle that escaped past his lips as vivid memories crossed his mind—vivid memories from last night.

"What is it?" he heard Audrey Rose ask.

Thomas looked up to meet her green eyes. She must have noticed his smirk considering her worried face. According to her, Thomas's smirk was never a good sign.

He let out one final chuckle before stating, "I remember last night when you shoved this up my—"

"Thomas!" Audrey Rose exclaimed as she snatched her cane back, cheeks turning a bright shade of red. All Thomas could think of was how adorable she looked.

Audrey Rose moved to place her gloves on the countertop beside them before resting her cane against the wall. She turned, facing Thomas once more as he spoke, "don't get so defensive, draga mea. I know you enjoyed it just as much as I did."

With a sigh out of her nose, Audrey Rose rolled her eyes, a smile remaining on her lips. Thomas admired her for a moment, taking in her ungloved hands, the large diamond ring glistening on her finger—the ring he had given her when he formally asked her to marry him. He crossed the distance between them in the matter of three steps, grabbing her waist and tugging her closer to his body.

Audrey Rose raised her hands, slipping them beneath his jacket so they laid flat against his chest. As her hands drifted up to his shoulders, Thomas removed his hands from her waist, allowing Audrey Rose to slide the jacket off of his body. The garment dropped to the floor with a muted thud, Thomas's hands instantly returning to her sides.

"Eager to get me undressed, Audrey Rose? I would inform you of how indecent you are acting, however, I do understand why. I am irresistibly charming."

"Are you capable of having a conversation without mentioning your appearance—or your intelligence for that matter?"

Thomas cocked his head to the side and contemplated the question for a brief moment. "Only when I'm preoccupied with confessing my undying love for you, of course. Otherwise, no. I don't believe so."

Audrey Rose crossed her arms over her chest, flashing him that look. Thomas smiled innocently and pressed a kiss to her cheek as a false apology.

"I love you," he murmured in a child's like voice against her skin.