Early Morning Escapades *NSFW*

Thomas awoke to the feeling of warm skin pressed against the front of his body, strands of dark, ebony hair plastered to his face. He flinched back though only slightly as he attempted to comprehend the situation of the present moment. Audrey Rose Wadsworth, his fiancée, was asleep in his arms, buried deep into his chest.

It had to be a dream, it had to. It wasn't necessarily uncommon for Thomas to have indecent dreams about his love, but this felt different than any of those previous dreams. It felt too real.

Gently, Thomas raised his hand to brush Audrey Rose's hair out of her face, a light caress of his fingertip across her skin. The moment his gaze met with her peaceful features Thomas knew that this was real, that there was no way that his mind could create an image so perfect and unbelievable.

He allowed the realization to settle in, his heart racing. Audrey Rose—the brilliant, wonderful, magnificent woman he had fallen so madly in love with back in Jonathan's lab a few months ago with her arms elbow deep in the chest cavity of a cadaver—was asleep in his arms, in his bed. Thomas was never a religious man but if there was a God out there, they were most certainly blessing him.

Audrey Rose stirred in his embrace as her emerald eyes fluttered open, looking up to meet his gaze, a faint smile upon her soft lips.

Thomas nearly swore from how perfect she looked, how perfect she was.

"Happy birthday, my sweet boy," Audrey Rose murmured as she snuggled impossibly closer to his body.

Out of everything racing through his mind, the very least of Thomas's concerns was the fact that he was officially 18 years of age. He lowered his head, pressing a kiss to Audrey Rose's forehead before tightening his arms around her frame. "You remembered?"

Audrey Rose pulled her head back enough to look up at him, a dumbfounded look across her features. "Of course, I remembered. You are 18 years old now, Cresswell. It is an important day."

Thomas forced a breathy laugh, resting his chin on top of Audrey Rose's head so her face pressed into his neck. She relaxed against him, melting into his body. Thomas mumbled in response, "I suppose it is. Birthdays merely seem so trivial to me since my own father failed to remember my birthday throughout my entire life, though my mother never failed to make a spectacle out of the occasion until...well you know what happened."

Audrey Rose pulled back once more, placing her hand on Thomas's cheek in order to keep his eyes on her own as she whispered, "I am sorry, Thomas."

He shook his head, a soft smile growing on his lips. "There is nothing to apologize for, my love. This right here," he gestured to their current position, "makes up for everything my father every out me through. This—you—are all I will ever need or want. So thank you, Audrey Rose, for already making this the best birthday a man could ever wish for."

At last, Audrey Rose lifted her chin, Thomas meeting her halfway to press his lips to her own, his hand sliding from her waist to her lower back, pulling her into his body. She arched against him, her peaked breasts and nipples brushing against his chest—a shocking but welcoming reminder that neither of them wore any clothing beneath the sheets of his bed. Audrey Rose moaned against his lips, the sound resulting in a physical indication of Thomas's current desire. He felt his hardness press against her inner thigh, immediately causing him to pull away.

"Wadsworth, I'm—"

Audrey Rose's fingers wrapped around him, instantly silencing him. When she realized he made no move to protest, Audrey Rose began lightly stroking her fingers up and down the length of him. She spoke softly, "This, my fiancé, is nothing to be ashamed of. As a matter of fact, I happen to love it nearly as much as I love you. Would you like to know why that is?"