Heavenly Desires *NSFW* (Part 2)

Audrey Rose stood in the secret study, gazing at the naked portrait of herself hung upon the wall. Something—many things—had been on her mind since that wondrous evening nearly a month ago, many things Audrey Rose couldn't seem to get out of her head, especially since she had a permanent reminder of that night scarred into her skin—a scar that she loved very much. She faintly ran her fingertips over the scar through the material of her thin flowy nightgown at the memory.

When two arms wrapped around her waist, Audrey Rose leaned back into the familiar warm embrace of her husband—her husband who had been gone nearly the entire day, handling Lord business. Thomas pressed a kiss to her partially exposed shoulder, then a kiss to her neck. He finally rested his chin on her shoulder and pulled her closer into his body. "Usually you are asleep by now, my darling wife. It is quite late, nearly 1:00."

Audrey Rose sighed and lolled her head against his. "I missed you too much to sleep. I kept tossing and turning for hours. The bed felt too big, I was too cold, I missed your arms around me, the steady beat of your heart. I missed you."

Thomas turned his head, pressing a kiss to her cheek. "I missed you too," he whispered against her skin. The room fell into a calming silence, Audrey Rose getting lost in her thoughts once more—the thoughts that had slowly begun to consume her over the past month. She needed to tell him so desperately, but how?

"What are you doing in here?" Thomas asked and when he was met with no reply, he tracked his wife's gaze to the painting in front of them, hanging on the wall.

"Ah, I see," he spoke as he lifted his head, grabbing Audrey Rose's waist and turning her in his arms. She kept her eyes on his face and loosely wrapped her arms around his neck.

Thomas continued, "sneaking into our secret study to admire your naked self? I would tease you for it, but I find myself coming down here often to do the same." Audrey Rose chuckled lightly and rolled her eyes. Her husband then added, "any particular reason?"

Audrey Rose opened her mouth for some sarcastic remark then pressed her lips together. Thomas quirked a brow in curiosity, prompting her to speak, "I've had something on my mind recently."

Audrey Rose moved her attention to Thomas's tie, bringing her fingers to toy with the fabric. It was a habit she had developed over the course of their marriage. Fiddling with his tie gave her an outlet to release her anxiety, especially with being so close to him while doing so. Audrey Rose bit her lip, trying to find the right words.

"That night—the night you did this painting..." she trailed off as a million thoughts ran through her head, a million worries about what Thomas would think.

He noticed the awkward tension in the room and in typical Cresswell fashion, flirted, "I remember every detail of that evening."

Audrey Rose flickered her gaze up to his face before instantly looking back down at his tie. "As do I." She paused, taking a deep breath before speaking, "ever since then I have been thinking."

"About?"

"The way it felt—how good it felt, Thomas. And...I have been thinking about doing more. I have pictured doing more with you," Audrey Rose explained.

"Care to elaborate?" Thomas asked, gentleness and interest present in his voice. When Audrey Rose made no move to speak, he grabbed her hand in his own and took a step back. He tugged on her fingers, a smile on his lips, as he added, "come here."

Audrey Rose allowed herself a short grin, following Thomas as he guided her around his desk. He sat in his desk chair, leaning back to stretch out his neck and shoulders. Using his chin, Thomas gestured to his lap, Audrey Rose then placing herself on his thighs. Her legs straddled his waist, his hands resting at her hips while hers moved back to his tie.