Surprise Destinations *Modern NSFW*

To say that I was nervous was an understatement.

The biggest understatement I may have possibly ever heard.

"Are you alright, darling?" Audrey Rose asked sweetly, turning her head as far as she could to look up at me from where she laid in my arms, back pressed against my chest. Burying my face in her neck, I teased the neckline of her—my—t-shirt down, giving me further access to her skin. I pressed a gentle kiss to the curve of her shoulder followed by one to her cheek as my arms tightened around her figure, her body so close to mine that I didn't know where hers began or mine ended. At last, I murmured, "Love, I'd like to take you somewhere."

Audrey Rose attempted to turn in my arms but I held her firmly to my chest, resting my chin upon her shoulder to prevent her from moving. She melted back into my arms as she asked, "Anywhere in particular?"

I dug my face further into her neck, breathing in her familiar scent. "Yes," I answered simply.

When Audrey Rose moved to turn once again, I didn't stop her. She wore her deduction face, studying my features in an attempt to unveil my secrets. Her search appeared to be unsuccessful, prompting her to inquire, "Is that all you are going to tell me?"

"Yes," I breathed out with a smirk upon my lips, only forcing an even further confused look upon Audrey Rose's face. "It's a surprise, my love."

A childlike wonder graced her face, a hint of a smile on her lips as she looked up at me. My heart nearly burst from my chest as the sight. I cupped her cheek in my palm, leaning down to press a soft kiss to her mouth and when I pulled back, she was grinning. I sighed, a smile of my own shining down at her as I spoke, "The sooner we leave, the sooner you'll receive your surprise."

Immediately, Audrey Rose untangled herself from my limbs and hopped out of my bed, eagerly staring down at me. I stretched my body across the bed for a moment, noticing Audrey Rose's welcome gaze on my bare figure as my muscles flexed. Standing from the bed, I flashed Audrey Rose a playful smirk to which she only blushed.

Grabbing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt off of my floor, I quickly got dressed while Audrey Rose put on her black leggings from the day before, my t-shirt still remaining on her body. By the time I was completely clothed, Audrey Rose had crossed the distance between us, hooking her fingers into the belt loops of my jeans, using them to tug me close. She raised onto her tiptoes, pecking her lips swiftly against my own. "I love you," she murmured softly.

I took hold of her waist, my fingers lingering at her lower back as I pulled her flush against me. Our lips connected once more, however, this time the kiss was longer and slower. "I love you," I echoed in response. Dragging my fingers from her waist, I slid my hand up to my belt loop, grasping Audrey Rose's hand in my own. I intertwined our fingers, giving her hand a gentle squeeze as I pulled away from her body.

Once we had gotten in my car and begun driving to my secret destination, Audrey Rose looked over at me from the passenger seat, asking, "Can you give me a hint as to where we are going?"

After a moment of thought, I answered, "Well, it's somewhere you've never been before, but I'm hoping you'll love it."

Audrey Rose hummed softly and teased in an overly sarcastic tone, "Are you going to propose?"

I grinned, letting out a short laugh as I glanced over at her. Turning my attention back to the road, I grabbed her hand in my own and pressed my lips to knuckles. "No, I will not be proposing quite yet, my love. Perhaps by the end of the year though."

Taking a quick look at Audrey Rose, I saw her smile—so genuine and happy. Sometimes it was hard to believe that I was the one who caused such a smile. At last, she responded, "I'm holding you to that, Cresswell. By the end of the year, I no longer wish to be your girlfriend, but instead your fiancée."