Hours Upon Hours *Modern NSFW*

The steaming water rained down Thomas's body, soaking his brunette curls. He ran his slender fingers through his hair, pushing the wet strands out of his face as he tilted his head up towards the showerhead, causing water to run down his face and neck. Thomas's eyes remained closed as he exhaled, appreciating the relaxing warmth of the shower before the long day of work that was quickly approaching. He swallowed, the action causing his Adam's apple to bob. Thomas ran his hands over his face, still exhausted with sleep.

It was too early.

Far too early.

Jonathan Wadsworth had requested his attendance at the lab today, something about "needing assistance with paperwork" and "needing someone to deal with Superintendent Blackburn". Thomas could have politely refused, making up some form of excuse as to why he couldn't make it, however, with Jonathan being Audrey Rose's uncle, Thomas would prefer to remain on his good side.

Besides, his work today only required one person and if he had refused, Jonathan would've asked for Audrey Rose's assistance instead. With Thomas and Audrey Rose's wedding soon approaching, his fiancée hadn't been getting much sleep as of late due to stressing over wedding planning with Liza. Audrey Rose needed the extra few hours of sleep more than he did and Thomas was happy to sacrifice that for her.

Amidst his quiet thinking under the hot water, felt a light brush of fingertips against his back, causing him to flinch. He turned, the water from the showerhead now running down his back as Thomas's gaze met with Audrey Rose who had somehow managed to sneak into the shower without him noticing.

All the sleep that was previously present in Thomas's body was suddenly gone. The sight of Audrey Rose's naked figure stirred a deep desire within him, the slight smirk of her lips and needy look in her emerald eyes didn't help either.

Thomas's eyes travelled from her eyes to her lips, so soft and full. Next, down her neck to her exposed breasts, her nipples peaked. His eyes moved down the plain of her stomach, past her waist to her lean, long legs before trailing back up her body, soaking in every inch of her bare skin.

Stunning. Just as always, stunning.

Thomas felt his cock harden with lust.

He knew that Audrey Rose was aware of his hardened cock though she didn't acknowledge its presence. Thomas knew—despite how desperately he wanted to—that he couldn't take Audrey Rose upon the shower wall in that exact moment. He still had much to do before heading to work in an hour, a tight schedule that didn't have enough room for everything he wanted to do her.

Thomas's self-restraint was wearing thin.

"Thomas," Audrey Rose breathed out, her voice so quiet that Thomas thought he had imagined it. She took a small step towards him, delicately raising her hand up to his chest—just above his racing heartbeat. The hot water of the shower poured onto Audrey Rose's body, individual drops falling down her face and neck.

Thomas James Dorin cel Rau Cresswell had died.

He had died and gone to heaven.

Regardless of his better judgement, knowing that he had a long day of work ahead of him, Thomas took a hesitant step towards his fiancée, now so close that their bodies were only a hairs width apart.

When Thomas finally spoke, his voice came out strained and no more than a whisper, "may I touch you?"

"Please," was all Audrey Rose replied, equally as quiet.

Thomas's gentle fingers wrapped around her waist, faintly pulling her closer.

It was the calm before the storm, and saints was the storm beautiful.