Jealous Audrey Rose

Can you make a story where Audrey gets jealous of a girl flirting with Thomas!

Thomas was uncomfortable.

Well, he was uncomfortable in a vast majority of his social encounters, however, this one was far worse than he had imagined. A young girl with light blonde hair, blue eyes, and delicate facial features had had a piqued interest in the mysterious, young English man investigating a homicide, taking the first opportunity available to spark a conversation with him while Audrey Rose was speaking with her uncle.

Perhaps the conversation wouldn't have been as brutal as it was at the present moment if Thomas weren't in the middle of an investigation, the body of the deceased remaining only a few feet away from where the woman—Abigail—and Thomas stood.

Abigail's hand remained on his arm, as she spoke, "Why is a man with such angelic features spending his time surrounded by decaying bodies when he could very easily be spending his time doing other...less than decent activities with living people?"

Thomas contained the roll of his eyes and a sigh, attempting to stay polite despite the urge to walk away without saying another word. He forced a smile upon his lips as he pressed his hand flat against his chest, directly over the tattoo he had gotten inked into his skin only a few weeks prior—the tattoo that outwardly showed his permanent love for Audrey Rose Wadsworth. He answered, "What can I say? Forensics wholly own my heart."

Scoffing, Abigail moved closer towards Thomas's body, her grip firm on his arm. "I know of a lovely blonde haired, ocean eyed, American young lady who would take much better care of your heart than something as absurd as science. I can tell by your appearance that you are not unwealthy, meaning you have no real reason to spend your time with cadavers."

"Actually, I—"

"I am very quite certain my father would agree to the engagement. He always said he dreamed I'd marry an English man. A very, very handsome, dashing—"

Thomas felt a hand wrap around his arm, tugging him out of Abigail's unpleasant grip. He turned his head, his gaze landing upon his fiancée and love of his life, Audrey Rose. Thomas looked down upon his arm to see her flaunting off his family ring—her engagement ring—despite the weather being too cold for bare hands. Audrey Rose pressed a kiss to his cheek, Thomas than whispering in her ear beneath his breath, "Thank the saints."

He kissed her temple in return then grabbing Audrey Rose's left hand in his fingers, raising it to his lips to brush a kiss across her knuckles. "Hello, my darling fiancée," Thomas flirted, putting emphasis on the title fiancée.

Audrey Rose's cheeks flushed as she replied, "Hello, my love." With incredibly faked interest, she turned towards Abigail—the blonde's brows furrowed at the uninvited third party—Audrey Rose speaking, "Who is this?"

Thomas understood Audrey Rose's game, smirking at her momentarily as he answered, "this is Elizabeth."

"Abigail!" she whined, easily falling for Thomas's acting. He remembered her name perfectly well, however, he might as well have a little fun while the situation provided it.

"Ah! Of course. My sincerest apologies," Thomas said, biting his lip to contain his laughter at her visibly angry expression.

Audrey Rose smiled, turning to face Abigail. "It is wonderful to meet you! I see you have met my fiancé, Thomas. Fiancé. I still cannot comprehend it!" She thrust forward her left hand, showcasing the large red diamond on her fourth finger. "Isn't it just stunning?"

Abigail's face softened, though only slightly as she held Audrey Rose's fingers, examining the elegant ring. "It is indeed."

"Audrey Rose! Thomas!" Jonathan's voice called. The young couple looked over at Jonathan who waved at them to come over. Thomas and Audrey Rose looked back at Abigail.

"It appears as though we have become of use," Thomas stated, his lip curling into a smirk.

"It appears so."

Audrey Rose and Thomas turned, only making it two steps away when they heard Abigail's voice once more, "That ring would look much better against my complexion than it currently does on hers!"

Thomas turned slowly, Audrey Rose placing a hand on his arm. He grinned and let out a chuckle. "Well, that is disappointing for you because as long as it is my concern, that ring will remain on Audrey Rose's finger until the stars in the sky are no more."

He intended to spin on his heel towards the direction Jonathan waited for them in, however, he was stopped by Audrey Rose's hand on his cheek, pulling his face down to hers. She held him in placed as she kissed him, Thomas returning the welcome gesture despite how indecent it was still considered among society, given that they were not yet wed. When they pulled apart, Thomas watched as Audrey Rose glared daggers towards Abigail and he swore he had never felt more proud. Audrey Rose finally faced her uncle to reluctantly waited for their assistance, dragging Thomas along behind her by his hand.

"Have I ever expressed how much I love you?" Thomas asked, jogging to walk alongside Audrey Rose.

She allowed herself a brief smile as she faced him. "Yes, you most certainly have."

***

Word Count: 871