CTD Chapter 11 Continuation *NSFW*

I grinned. Thomas enjoyed saying shocking things to gauge my response. There was no reason I couldn't match him in that area. "Your deductions might not be as sharp as you think if you believe I lack motivation, Cresswell."

His jaw practically hit the floor. Immensely satisfied, I bent my head, kissing the inked area above his heart. With or without the rose tattoo as a permanent marking, Thomas Cresswell was mine. When a small gasp escaped him, I covered his mouth with my own, claiming him fully.

His kisses always drove me mad, but this. This was unlike anything I had ever felt. His tongue exploring my mouth felt heavenly, his soft lips pulling me closer. Thomas groaned against my mouth, prompting me to slide my hands to his chest, unbuttoning the last few buttons of his completely soaked through shirt. His hand braced my back as he leaned forward, just enough to allow me to slip his shirt off of his body, dropping it onto the tiles outside of the porcelain tub without once removing my lips from his. Thomas's hands explored my naked body as he kissed me, holding me closer to his chest with every brush of his tongue against my own.

I splayed my hands along Thomas's firm chest, one of my palms resting over the rose and skull inked into his skin, feeling the quick pace of his heartbeat. One of his hands slid up my back to cup the back of my neck, fingertips sliding into my hair. I dragged my hands down the length of his torso, hooking my fingers into the waistband of his trousers. I popped the button open, tugging lightly at the wet fabric. Thomas pried his lips from my own, remaining only a hair's width away from my mouth when he murmured, "Go ahead."

I pushed out of his embrace, immediately missing the warmth of his body. I tucked my fingertips into his trousers and drawers and in one movement of my arms, pulled the articles of clothing down his legs, removing them entirely from his body. The garments fell from my fingers, landing on the floor of the bathing chamber with a wet thud. I gazed up and down at Thomas's naked figure, a sight that I had imagined more times than I cared to admit. The images in my head, however, were nothing in comparison to actual sight.

"Like what you see?" Thomas remarked, flashing me his signature charming smirk.

I could only smile in return as my cheeks heated, my heart too full of love to manage to roll my eyes. Thomas reached forward, taking hold of my waist and drawing me back onto his lap, the feeling of our completely bare bodies pressed against one another both new and exhilarating.

"How far do you wish to go, my lovely fiancée?" Thomas asked, his question undeniably genuine with a hint of his notorious Cresswell teasing. I settled on his lap, adjusting my hips in order to sit more comfortably against him as his hands travelled up my spine, cupping my shoulder blades.

From the angle we were sitting I had to angle my head downwards slightly in order to meet Thomas's gaze. I placed my hands on his arms, sliding up his damp skin to his shoulders before wrapping my arms loosely around his neck. "It's not a matter of how far I want to go, Thomas. It's a matter of how far we should go."

"If you are referring to societal norms, my dear Wadsworth, then I regret to inform you that we have already well exceeded those lines of modesty," Thomas spoke, the hint of a devilish smile upon his lips.

"You know what I mean, Cresswell."

Thomas exhaled and leaned back against the porcelain tub, allowing me to gaze upon his muscular chest and abdomen, the skull and rose tattoo above his heart. "That I do, Audrey Rose."

I let out a sigh as I brought my fingertip to his chest, delicately tracing the lines of his tattoo as I continued, "I want to go all the way with you, truly, Thomas, however, we are not married yet and there is the risk of a pregnancy and—"