Chapter 17

ARTHUR

When I woke up, the first thing I saw was Thea's sleeping figure in front of me. Her eyes were closed, she was still fast asleep beside me. At first, I was confused as to why she was here, or why why we were in the same bed but when I looked around I realized that I was actually in her room. I fell asleep after our talk last night.

Looking at her in front of me, I couldn't help admiring her beautiful features. My wife had always been beautiful, I had always found her beautiful from the very first day we met. I traced my finger onto her delicate skin. She stirred a little from the contact but it didn't wake her up. I continued until my finger reached her lips.

Those lips.

I became addicted with those lips. We had kissed several times, but it was just not enough. I was aware that I no longer just 'like' her. It was more than that. She had become an important person in my life, and I felt the need to make her happy. To protect her. To claim her. She was mine to have, even before she realized it.

I never thought there would be the day when I finally replaced Jessy in my life.

Jessy

It had been almost 4 years since I last saw her. 4 years since she took my heart with her. We would have been married if only she didn't run away. I was angry, furious, lost, confused, as she left me alone at the altar without explanations. Even after 4 years I still had a little of hatred in me towards her. She was the reason why I hated being in a relationship after her. She was the reason why I didn't believe in love anymore.

But I now understood why my parents made the arranged marriage between me and Thea, I now understood why they insisted I should marry Thea. It was not only for their own good but mine too. It was not only to honor Thea's parents, but to give me a chance to learn to love again after Jessy. To heal my once broken heart. They knew that I would find happiness again, and it was with Thea.

It took me 8 months to finally realize it, but I was glad that my parents made that decision to marry us.

"You have 5 seconds to explain why you are in my bed right now."

I shifted my eyes towards her to find hers widen in shock, even after Santorini, she was still shy when we were in the same bed.

"I fell asleep last night, I guess."

She yawned and rubbed her eyes. "And you couldn't leave once you were awake?"

I smirked. "Nah, I'm comfy here. Besides, you wouldn't let me go."

It was a lie. It was my decision to stay here for a while, I wanted to be close to her. I had wanted to ask her to move into my bedroom ever since we came back from Santorini. I just didn't want to freak her out.

"Did I really?" she didn't look convinced as she squinted her eyes at me.

"You totally did."

"Whatever you said." she shrugged as checked her phone.

It was now or never. I was not going to waste another night being away from her, we were married. We were supposed to sleep in the same bed.

"Thea?"

"Yeah?"

"Move in with me."

She was still on her phone, her eyes focused on the screen. "What are you talking about? We are already living under the same roof."

Oh how oblivious she was.

"No, move in with me.. in my bedroom."

Her fingers stopped moving as I said that, she slowly shifted her gaze to me. "In your bedroom? Why?"