Prologue

Prologue

My name is Brooke Johnson. I'm an American, A New Yorker. I am an accident made by my mom and dad, they are now separated, they had me when they were 17. Yes, they got married when they were 15. When I was born, things started not working out for them, I mean, my dad keeps hitting my mom almost every night from being drunk, telling her that it was her fault that they had me. Until one faithful day, my mom divorced him. We hide from him every day till now because he sworn that he will come back and have his revenge on my mom for divorcing him.

My mom and I moved to Toronto, Canada, away from that prick. She started going to university and she'll always drop me off at some daycare/preschool. She always pick me up at around 10 at night. I don't even know what she was doing with her uni life. That's when I realized that she has been finding a new man for herself. I realized that when I was 13. Did I tell you that I've been homeschooling for almost the rest of my life? Well yeah I did. Went to high school when I was 16.

I took rapping class and hip hop class when I was 14. I had a pretty fun time though, away from everything just for a little while. I stole money from my mom's bank account to get into rap class and hip hop classes since she is so freakin rich and all.

Almost every week, a different man comes in with my mom. It's like, she breaks up, she gets a new one.

And now.... I'm 18.

My life sucks.

Literally sucks.