Chapter 21

Chris (Freckles):

I walked into the house after just dropping Mari off at another day of work. It was going on May and my birthday was soon approaching. Turing 19 was nothing big for me unlike my 18th birthday but it was my birthday none the less. I had no idea what I wanted to do but I knew I was going to do it big. I was still young, energetic, and alive. With my birthday being in two weeks I had time to plan. I knew Mari was excited for me because she constantly counted down the days for me. Maybe she had something in mind.

I plopped down on the couch since I didn't have to go and pick up Mari until around 9 since she was working late. One thing I notice was that nigga with the long hair. Always around her, smiling at her and shit. I trusted Mari and I knew she wouldn't pull any fast shit. Plus I looked way better than that nigga anyways. I wouldn't say I was jealous because she was mines but I mean come on, look at me. Okay, so maybe I am a little jealous but all I know is that nigga better back up of my girl for real. Everyday when I went and picked up Mari they were always outside talking or some shit. It annoyed me.

I really need to stop being jealous. It came to the point where I was dropping her off and picking her up from work and she had her own car to do so. She probably thinks I'm doing it just to be nice but in reality it's because I want to pull up and make sure that nigga is staying in his place. It's not Mari that I don't trust, it's him. Something about him seems off, always smiling and shit. I wish I would just pull up one day and that nigga is trying to be slick.

Shit, today was Friday. My mom was suppose to be coming tonight to stay for the weekend. I threw my head back on the couch. Thank the lord the house was cleaned because my mind was so focused on everything else but my moms stay. I let out a heavy sigh and I heard someone jogging down the stairs. Mel came and sat down next to me turning on the TV. She gave me a worried expression.

"You okay, Chris?" She asked me.

"Yeah, I just forgot my mama was coming today." I looked at my watch. It was around 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Shit she should be coming any minute now. She told me that I didn't need to pick her up from the airport because she rented a car. I was honestly just expecting her any minute. At least I was dress.

"Well the house is clean. I'm dressed okay and your dress okay. Tyga is out on a run. I'm sure everything will be okay." Mel said still worried. I nodded and bit the bottom of my lip looking at the ceiling. "Is something else bothering you, Chris?" Mel asked. Yeah that long hair nigga all up on my girl was bothering my ass.

"Nahh .. It's just. Some dude at Mari's job. Nigga stays ..." I was interrupted by the sound of the doorbell ringing. I let out a heavy sigh. That must be her. Mel smiled at me and gave a look saying that I would be fine. I got up and walked to the door opening it.

"Hey Chris, did Momma J come yet?" Hennessey said pushing past me. What the fuck was she doing here. I knew this was some type of fucking set up, especially since Hen knew that my mother loved her. My mother always thought that I was going to marry Hennessey, little did she know, I never even like the bitch like that. Hennessey is the one who liked me like that and apparently still does.

"No, Hennessey what are you doing here?" I asked her as she went to go sit at the island in the kitchen. Mel's face grew angry but she tried to pay Hennessey no mind. She just flip through the channels and ignored her.

"Chris, you know your mom loves me. Let's not play stupid here." Hennessey said with an evil smirk on her face. I let out a heavy sigh and ran my hands over my head. I knew the game that Hennessey was trying to play. I plopped back down on the couch. I gave Mel a look saying that Hennessey was up to something. She shook her head. She than mouthed to me that I should text Mari to let her know what's up. I pulled out my iPhone and looked at the background. It was a picture of Mari standing next to me, smiling and I bent over and kiss her on the check. She was so short. It made me smile. Ain't no way in hell is Hennessey fucking this up. I texted Mari.