Chapter 49

Amarie:

“I ain’t feeling this bitch yo.” I said to Mel over the phone. She let out a small sigh.

 “Maybe you’re just over analyzing it. She is just a friend from the past. Tyga told me that she doesn’t mean much to Chris. He barely even remembers her.” Mel said.

“Still not feeling her. She seems really into Chris…” I said trailing off. I looked down at Chris who was knocked out in the bed next to me. His mouth was slightly open and his chest heaved up and down. One of his hands laid behind his head while the other laid by his side. The way he legs spread out all over the bed. He looked so peaceful. He was too adorable. “I don’t want to lose him Mel.” I whispered to her so that Chris wouldn’t wake up and hear.

“Seriously Mari, Chris isn’t going anywhere. That boy loves you.” Mel said. I continued to look over Chris. I loved him so much.  I put his free arms around me and he pulled me in closer like he naturally did when he was sleeping. “You need to let that guard down, you think everyone in your life is going to leave you or betray you.” Mel said.

 “Because it always happens Mel and you know it.” I said. She let out a small exhale.

“I haven’t …” She said. I smiled a little.

“I know, I love you.” I said to her.

“I love you too babe. What you doing now?” She said.

“Laying in the bed with Chris.” My phone started beeping and I looked at the screen. I was getting an incoming call from Momma J. “Yo Mel, let me call you back Momma J is calling.” I said.

“Okay, see you later on.” She said.

“Okay.” I said quickly answering Momma J’s phone call before I missed it. “Hey Momma.” I answered.

“Hey baby, Chris isn’t answering his phone so I thought I would reach you.” She said breathlessly. “Oh yeah Momma, he is right next to me sleeping. Are you at the airport?” I asked her. Momma J was planning to come down and live with us for good. She wanted to be closer to Chris and she complained about how lonely she was back in VA so we said she could come here until she got a place of her own. Of course we didn’t mind, the only problem was Chris and what he was into. We had to find a way around that.

“Yes baby! I should be there late afternoon.” She said. I looked at the clock. It was 8 in the morning, why was I awake?

“Okay good Momma. I can’t wait to see you. I missed you.” I said cuddling under Chris.

“I missed you too baby. Thank you guys again for letting me in, I really appreciate it.” She said with so much sincerity in her voice.

“Ma, don’t even thank us. You know it’s nothing.” I said. I was really happy Momma J was coming.  I missed her. She could never replace my real mom but she was definitely my second mom. I really looked at her for guidance. She was like the mom that I never had, well that was because basically I never really had one. I loved her so much and I knew she loved me. She treated me like I was her own daughter and I was so thankful for that.

“Alright baby. I’m about to board the plane. Make sure Chris is ready and stuff.” She said.

“I will, be safe.” I said to her.

“Okay, love you baby.” She said.

“Love you too.” I said and hung up the phone. I buried my face in Chris’ side. He turned over and held me. He held me tight and buried his face in my hair. He muttered something and I looked up at him. He eyes were half open. I smiled lightly and then his eyes shut back as he drifted back off to sleep.