Chapter 48

Amarie:

Chris and I walked into the club. I decided that I was going to look sexy tonight.  I wore a tube ruched jumpsuit that was caramel colored. I wore my cream colored pumps. I had my hair straightened and parted in the middle so that it was coming down on both sides. I put on my eyeliner and read lipsticks. Chris looked fly right by my side. He had on some skinny dark Levi jeans, fresh pair of baby blue and white Jordon six rings, a baby blue v-neck and a snapback that matched his outfit. He had gotten a fresh cut the previous day so that he was already shaved up. Chris and I definitely looked good together.

We walked up the stairs to V.I.P where Ty, Sean, Mijo and some girls were chilling. Mel couldn’t come out obviously so I was alone tonight. I wasn’t about to go bonding with some chicks I didn’t know. I was going to have a good night with my man and my homies and do it big for Mel since she couldn’t be here. Ty greeted us. He gave Chris a dap and a half hug and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Chris went to go dap everyone else up and he hugged this one girl. I gave Mijo and Sean my respects. I looked over at Chris and he was talking to the same girl. Must be the Tina bitch. Chris looked over at me and waved for me to go over there. I hope he wasn’t about to introduce me to this girl because I wasn’t feeling her, especially after what Mijo said. I had to talk to the nigga also. I walked over there and stood next to Chris. He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling closer to him

“Tina I want you to meet my girlfriend, Amarie.” Chris said to Tina. Tina looked at me and smiled. I gave her a small smile back.

“I heard so many things about you.” She said extending her hand. “Tina.” She said. I looked at her hand and I shook it lightly.

“Nice to meet you.” I said looking up at Chris. What type of things has she heard about me? What has Chris or anyone else been telling her?

“Nothing bad of course, all good things.” She said quickly. Chris looked back at me and gave me a small smile.

“I’m about to get something to drink, you want something baby?” Chris asked me.

“Uhh yeah. Get me what you’re getting, I guess.” I said to him.

“Tina you want anything?” He asked her.

“Same would be fine, thank you.” She said smiling at him.

“Iight, I’ll be back. You’ll be fine?” Chris said leaning down to me. I nodded. He kissed me on the lips and went downstairs to the bar. Tina and I just stood there in awkward silence. The music was blasting and everyone around me was having a good time. I just wanted Chris to hurry up and get back so that I could be comfortable again. Tina just kept looking at me. I was starting to get irritated. Why the fuck was she looking at me?

“You’re very beautiful. I’m stunned actually.” Tina finally said speaking up.

“Thanks, you are too.” I said giving her the compliment right back. She wasn’t ugly at all and I wasn’t the type of girl to hate. If I thought a girl was pretty, I was going to be honest with her. If she wasn’t, I was just going to leave it alone. I wasn’t going to compliment someone when it’s not meant.

“Thanks, so how long have you and Breezy been dating?” She asked me.

“Chris and I have been dating for almost two years now.” I said. “It will be two years next month.” I said looking at her. She had this look on her face, like she was forcing herself to be okay with something. Something was bothering her but she tried so hard to hide it.

“Wow, so you guys are in love and everything. Pretty serious huh?” She said looking away.

“Yeah, we are.” I said looking down. I looked over at the bar area where Chris was. He was talking and laughing with some guy. He needed to hurry the hell up. It was getting more awkward by the minute.