Chapter 44

Amarie:

“I’m not leaving until you tell me what’s wrong, Mel!” I screamed at her. She was trying to get me to leave for the past 20 minutes. I wasn’t going to let her sit in this house being depressed. I didn’t even know what she was depressed about and she wouldn’t spill the beans.

“Just fucking leave, Amarie!” She yelled at me. I let out a big sigh while rolling my eyes. I wasn’t leaving. I didn’t care what she said, what she did, I wasn’t leaving. I leaned against the wall while she sat on the arm of the love seat. She was crying. I hated to see my best friend cry.

“Please Mel. Just tell me. You need to talk about—” I started to say to Mel but she cut me off.

“I need to go to the abortion clinic  … Can you bring me?” Mel said in a low tone. I walked over to her quickly.

“WHAT?” I exclaimed. She started sobbing uncontrollably. I held her in my arms while she wrapped her arms around me, crying in my chest. “Mel, you’re pregnant?” I asked in her a sincere voice.

“Yessss.” Mel said crying hysterically. I rubbed her back.

“Mel calm down, it’s not good for the baby.” I told her. She snatched away from me.

“I’m not keeping it, he doesn’t want it Mari. He doesn’t fucking want it.” Mel said crouching down. I went down to her level.

“What you mean he doesn’t want it Mel? That is his fucking seed!” I spat. She started crying even harder. What the fuck was wrong with Ty talking about he didn’t want his child. How dare he say he wants me best friend to get an abortion. That was my fucking niece or nephew and I’ll be damned if she killed it. “Mel look, you gotta think about yourself. You’re the one carrying this baby. Do you want it?” I asked her.

“Of course I want it. I love Ty but I don’t want him to leave me if I keep it.” She sobbed.

“Look we are keeping it than. You don’t fucking need Ty. Come on let’s go. Pack some of your shit. You’re staying with me for a while.” Her sobbing calmed down and we both got up. She went upstairs to pack some of her things while I stood downstairs waiting for her. “Ty is a coward ass nigga for that shit.” I mumbled to myself. I was really in shock that Ty was putting Mel through all this shit and she was pregnant.

Mel came back downstairs with a bag full of stuff. Thankfully I managed for her crying to go down. I didn’t want her to upset the baby even more. I couldn’t believe I was going to be an auntie though. I was actually pretty excited. Since I lost my baby I haven’t been the same. I wasn’t going to allow her to make a decision that I know she was going to regret. She could have this baby and still go to school. I was going to make sure of that.

“Come on let’s go.” I said grabbing her hand and walking out the door. We got in my car and drove to me and Chris’ house. I unlocked the door to see Chris smoking on the couch. He noticed the bag that Mel was holding and he looked confused.

“What’s going on?” He asked putting out the blunt.

“She’s staying with us for a while.” I said taking off my jean jacket.

“Wait, why?” Chris asked with a confused face.

“Is there a problem?” Mel said to Chris with an attitude.

“No, no. Damn.” Chris said putting his hands up in self-defense. “I just thought Ty was going to the crib to talk to you about something …” Chris said trailing off.

“He doesn’t want it Chris. I already know he told you.” Melanie said coldly.

“Nah, he changed his mind. He was going back to the crib to tell you now!” Chris said getting up walking over to us.

“Now he wants it?” Mel said laughing to herself. “Nah fuck that. I don’t need him.” Mel said.

“Now he wants this fucking kid. He should have wanted it from the start.” I added.

“Look all that matters is he wants it now. Just let him own up to his mistakes.” Chris said trying to help the situation.

“No, FUCK HIM.” Mel spat at Chris. As soon as Mel said Ty came walking into the house. He walked straight over to Mel ignoring both Chris and I.

“Baby, look I’m sorry. I was just scared. We can do this together.” Ty said trying to hold her hand but she snatched it away.

“Ty leave.” Mel said to him. I started to Chris pulling him away. They needed to discuss this on their own.

“Mel baby please. I’m sorry. I know I put you through a lot these past couple of weeks. I just didn’t know how to handle it.” Ty said moving closer to Mel but she continued to back away.

“Yeah you niggas never know how to handle it do ya’ll? You guys don’t fucking think. That’s the problem. Now get the fuck out.” Mel screamed at Ty. He stood there glaring at her. He suddenly stormed out slamming the door behind him.

Chris:

I was in the studio with Ty. It was a late night and we just been recording tracks. We were taking a break and listening to the tracks. We sat down on the couch and just chilled. We were in the studio all day. I actually loved being here. I missed singing and I even did a few tacks rapping. I was happy that Ty convinced me to start my talent back up. Maybe it would get me somewhere in the future, but I doubt it. A hood nigga like me? A singer at that, I wasn’t getting far. Maybe Ty would.

“She still hasn’t answered my calls in a week dawg. I been calling all week yo, non-stop. And you know I would never chase a girl but I love her bro.” Ty said leaning back into the couch. I nodded. He was right. The only chick I would run after was Mari. The only girl I would fight for other than my momma. “How is she is?” Ty asked.

“She’s good man. Been really moody lately. I been trying to avoid her. I try and let you come by but she starts bitching.” I said. Ty let out a sigh.

“Women.” We said at the same time and then we started laughing.

“She is gunna come through. Just give her some time. She always talks about you to Mari. They always are gossiping about some shit.” I said.

 “Women.” We both said to again, laughing.

“Nah but I need to see her nigga. I miss her.” Ty said.

“Shit, you need to get her ass. I haven’t been able to get any cause Mari always tending to her ass!” I said. Ty started laughing.

“I’ll swing by tomorrow or something. I just hope I gave her enough time. It’s been a fucking week.” Ty said.

“I heard her tell Mel that she has a doctor’s appointment tomorrow. Maybe you could try and go with her. It’s at 2pm tomorrow so come earlier so you can try and convince her to let you go.” I told him.

“That’s my child, I’m going regardless. I know she is hurt but man, she is carrying my child. That means we are stuck together for life.” Ty said rubbing his hands over his face.

“You say it like it’s a bad thing.” I laughed.

“No it’s not. I want Mel to be my wife but by the way things are going now … she seems like she wants nothing to do with me.” Ty said. I put my hand on his shoulders.

“She’ll loosen up bro. If Mari can give me another chance, two at that, Mel can def. give you a chance.” I said. He nodded.

“Iight bro, imma take your word. Let’s head out.” Ty said and we got up out the studio heading back to our cribs.