Chapter 58

Amarie:

“So when are you going to tell him?” Mel asked.

“Well since Christmas is right around the corner and my first ultrasound is tomorrow, I was thinking that I would make that his Christmas present.” I said with the idea that came into my head a few hours ago. I was pregnant and I was actually alright with it – content you could say. I knew Chris was going to be happy when I told him. It was going to be a surprise. I was just hoping that I could hold off until Christmas.

“He is going to be so happy! Momma J is super excited.” Mel said as we walked out a store in the mall. We wanted to go Christmas shopping and buy some stuff for the baby also. Mel was due in a matter of months and when I went to my appointment today I found out that I was 2 months pregnant. It made me nervous though, I didn’t want to lose my baby like last time. I was going to be sure to be extra careful. This baby was already my heart and I knew it was going to make Chris so happy. This is exactly what we both wanted, even though we didn’t know it yet. It was moments when things seemed too good to be true.

“Yo, he is going to be madddd happy seriously. I told Ty not to say anything. Everyone knows but Chris. It’s seriously going to be the best Christmas present ever.” Mel said with all smiles. She seemed more excited then me. Something like when I found out she was pregnant.

“I can’t believe that we’re both pregnant.” I said to Mel walking into the Cheesecake Factory with all of our bags and presents that we bought for everyone. We got seated at a table and ordered our drinks.

I mean, you’re way more far along. I just found out a week ago.” I said picking at the bread in the basket.

“You’re only 2 months less than I am. That means they should be around the same age.” Mel said getting extra excited. I giggled at her excitement. I was happy that our kids would be able to grow up together, hopefully be as close as we were.

“I know, this is crazy. I would have never known …” I said trailing off.

“I mean you would have know eventually.” Mel said grabbing a piece a bread, spreading butter across it.

“Yeah and what if I did the same thing I did last time Mel, that would have been the second one.” I said in a cold tone. Thinking about it left my heart heavy and a whole bunch of extra emotions that I just didn’t want to feel, especially not at this moment. We gave the waitress our orders and just waited.

“That’s why we were looking out for you, you know we are all here for you.” Mel said touching my hand.

“I know…” I said pulling my phone out my purse. I had about 10 missed calls from a unknown number. Seconds later, the same number called back. I showed the screen the Mel and she shrugged not recognizing the number. I answered the phone cautiously.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Mari?” A distraught female voice responded on the other line.

“Who’s this?” I said with my nerves shooting up. They really sounded in need of help.

“Jennifer ….. Bow’s girl.” She said. I could hear crying in her voice.

“Hey what’s wrong?” I said with concern. Mel looked at me, wondering who it was and what was going on.

“It’s Bow … he hasn’t been home in like two weeks. This isn’t like him at all. He usually is gone for a couple of days but it’s been two weeks. I just don’t know what to do …” She cried.

“I’m sure he’ll come home eventually, maybe he needed some time to himself …” I said trailing off. Maybe was out creeping, maybe she thought the same thing.