Chapter 28

Amarie:

I called a cab and headed home before Chris even woke up. I couldn’t just make him think he was getting me back that easy. I was scared. Him dancing, and having sex with me wasn’t going to make him think he was forgiven. It’s going to take a whole lot to get my trust back. But last night, something about last night. It was different, it was special. Chris never made love to me before. It was like his way of saying he was sorry and he loved me. Even though he said it when we were having sex. I knew he meant it and I did as well but I wasn’t ready yet. I wasn’t ready to fully give myself to him. Not with the pain I still felt.

I threw my naked body against my bed, with a fresh towel wrapped around me. It felt good to be back in my house. I had to get ready to see my probation officer. I was happy that I didn’t have to serve jail time but I was on probation for a year and I had to do 500 hours of community service. I was half way done with my community service which was good. Hennessey on the other hand suffered of damage to the face. Her gash was so deep it left a permanent scar. Much like my heart. I lost my unborn and if I would have know I was pregnant, I would have kept it. She took that from me.

I heard my phone vibrating somewhere on my bed, I tilted my head back and notice it vibrating on the other side. I grabbed it and looked at the screen. Mel was calling. I already knew she wanted to know about what happened last night. I would eventually have to explain.

“Yes Mel.” I said letting out a sigh.

“BITCHHHH tell me what the fuck happened last night?”  Mel said whispering loudly. I started laughing.

“Why the hell are you whispering?” I asked her.

“Cus Chris is here. He was talking about you. I had to call your ass to get the details. What the fuck happened?” She demanded.

“We fucked Mel …” I said simply.

“You is a fucking lie. Tell me now.” She re-demanded. Damn she knew me.

“We made love … I couldn’t deal with it so I left in the morning.” I said.

“You fucking left, what the fuck Mari.” She yelled. I let out a heavy sigh.

“Mel, he isn’t going to get me back that easy. This is hard for me. I want to give in so damn bad but I can’t. I’m still hurt.” I said.

“I know, I know. Just give him another chance. The way he talks about you Mari. God, always asking about you. It’s getting annoying.” She said annoyed. I chuckled.

“My freckles asks about me?” I asked her. I haven’t said that name is so long. 

“Yesss damn. It’s annoying.” Mel yelled. I laughed.

“How long is he staying till?” I asked Mel.

“Uhh, I don‘t know. He is always usually here with Ty on Saturdays. They play video games and shit.” Mel said dryly.

“Well I’ll be over in a few hours. I need to go see my probation officer.” I muttered. 

“Ehhhh okay. Is he still hitting on you?” Mel asked.

“Yeahhhh …” I huffed. “But let me call you later, need to get ready.”

“Kk, love you.” She said.

“Love you too.” And I hung up. I threw on some leggings, grey vans, plain white shirt and a jean jacket. I wore my hair out curly. I threw on a little bit of makeup and headed to see my probation officer. I hated going to see him because he constantly hit on me. I just wanted to have a meeting and get the fuck out. I was happy I didn’t have a curfew but I did have occasional drug test that I mostly always failed. Since he liked me, he would put negative for me. I guess that was the only plus.