Chapter Four

👆👆👆👆👆

👆👆👆👆👆

Six months later.....

'Micky what's going on?, you haven't been present for the couples classes in over a month. Are you nervous about this? Please talk to me...'.Another voice mail sent without a response.

'Vivian, can we talk?', Iris said as she set her books down at the table Vivian was currently occupying.

'Sure Iris, what's up chicka'

'Something is going on with Michael, has he called you or said anything'

'No he hasn't, are you okay? Sit down a minute babe'

'No, no, I'll just walk home', hastily took off before Vivian could say anything.

'Iris wait!!' she yelled after her. But Iris was already rushing down the block. Trying to put on her sun shades and keeping up with her pace, Iris didn't see the person she walked into neither did she have enough time to brace herself for the fall.

She was caught in strong arms before she could hit the ground.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry..' she kept repeating the words that she didn't notice tears were running down her cheeks.

'Hey, hey easy does it. Deep breathes.... That's right, you're ok. You're ok', when she was calm enough she ran her palm across her cheeks to wipe off the tears. Taking a deep breathe, feeling composed she thanked the stranger and kept walking.

The stranger in turn shook his head and kept walking. It was indeed a long day.

Three months later.....

'Iris this isn't working...'

'What do you mean this isn't working?... I haven't heard from you in well over three months and this is what you call me to tell me?... what the heck Michael?!!', drawing deep breathes to reduce the tightening in her chest, 'where is my damn inhaler!!!!',she screamed in her head.

'Look babe I don't want to hurt you..'

'Unbelievable, you know what? Just forget it', she started wheezing. Cutting off the call, she stumbled through her apartment to find her inhaler that was laid out on the table right next to her phone.

She started feeling light headed due to the lack of oxygen. Shaking off the drowsiness as best as she could, she started taking deep breathes just like her Dad thought her as a kid. Two more breathes and the dizziness eased up a bit for her to dial 911, say a couple of words and passed out flat on the ground of her apartment.

'Oh my God Iris!!!!', Chloe came into the apartment to find her passed out on the floor.

Fast forward to one month later.....