Chapter Fourteen

I'm on a row people..
Enjoy 😍

Four horrifying weeks later, Iris was back home. She didn't have to stay in the hospital after the first two weeks; but James thought it would be a fitting punishment to keep her there for the month.

She was close to losing her mind but round the clock she had someone with her.

But nothing beats the air at home; so here she was sitting on the back pouch taking deep breathes. She hadn't heard from Evan in a while, he had to go back to work when it was clear that she was serving time and no longer in need of any serious treatment.

Which was a good thing; she needed to teach herself not to get too involved with him.

'Mama'

'Yea baby', Travis had been glued to her side ever since the accidents. Her parents assured her that he didn't watch the accident as he was more fascinated with Mama Becs beads. He only looked up when the commotion was in gear and even then he didn't see her cause Mama Becs pulled him to her bosom.

But somehow he always wanted to be there with her; even after she was discharged he was always not more than a foot away from her.

'Mama see', showing her his painting

'It's lovely baby. Is that mama?'

'Uh-uh. Papa James, Uncu James and Uncu Ear. That there is Uncu Mash'

'Of course honey, we'll put this up when we get to the apartment', she smiled at him; more importantly at the names he gave the twins. All effort to correct him proved futile.

And she loved it.

####

'So what do we have here? My own little boutique!!', Chloe squealed as she dived head first into Iris' wardrobe.

She alongside Merissa and Vivian made a trip to come visit her; something about not wanting to miss how she looked in a cast.

Vivian on the other hand was quiet, which was never a good thing, turning her head she saw her caught up in the pictures hanging up in her room. Tapping her chin as though she was studying something, she grabbed a box Iris kept around for decoration.

'Mehn! Couldn't you have at least placed something of value in it?', she asked bewildered when she found the box empty.

'She did, your brain cells and all your senses combined. That would teach you to stop snooping', Merissa answered back. Iris just watched the girls get comfortable in her room.

'Chloe, get out of my wardrobe', she finally said when Chloe wasn't turning up.

'I'm hunting for a jacket lady, I told you I would steal it on sight. All that's left is the sight part for that to happen, where is it?'

'My cousin Jules beat you to it',

'You didn't!!! I'm your best friend! Isn't there a code for this kinda stuff?', she huffed and sat down away from Iris who simply rolled her eyes and started a conversation with the other girls.

Then Merissa mentioned how she was going to so murder her boyfriend when she got back to New York, the guy was hilarious in Iris' opinion but he effortlessly got on Merissa's nerves.

'He actually pulled the skull in the fridge prank on me! He used Dolores' head. My dog! Like I'm so gonna kill him...'

'Why didn't he tell me, I would have given him a hand on where to place it and given you a coronary', Vivian said while polishing her nails

Vivian and Merissa were twins, fraternal to the letter. And they both enjoyed riling each other up.

'Viv that's mean. Sorry Mer, we'll get him when we go back home okay', Iris soothed her as Viv rolled her eyes.

'Of course you'll come to her rescue. Anyhoo what do you think about this?', she asked Merissa who responded, 'It'll look better on me',

'I'll take it then and kill you if I find you in it',

'They aren't about to stop right?' Iris turned to find Chloe missing from where she was sitting and found her in her wardrobe again.

'Drop it Chloe, I'll lock you in if you don't'

'Do it, and I promise to have a new closet at no cost at the end of the day!'

A knock on the door distracted everyone; the door opened revealing Greta and the kids.

'I'm not babysitting',

'Please, I'll be quick. I'm on kitchen duty today and I need one more ingredient',

'That's what we have maids for', Iris deadpanned. Most likely she was tired of entertaining the boys.

'Oh you know I don't like sending them. I'll be gone for thirty minutes tops I promise', while they were talking the kids already got comfortable at her shoe rack. She really needed to raise that thing above their heads.

'fine, but you owe me'

'Gracias bella!', she quickly kissed her cheek and ran off to God knows where.

'Carlton, no chewing or drooling' she scolded as she saw him place the strap of her shoe in his mouth.

Now she had six kids to babysit.

Comment and vote...
God bless you 😘😘