Shocks and senses

Peter had finally been given something to eat. It wasn't a lot, which was expected, but it was enough to keep him alive. He had been talking to Bucky while he was eating, but they didn't really know what else to talk about, so it had been an awkward silence for a few minutes.

Bucky was just sitting on the floor of the cold room when Steve barged in with cattle prods.

"U-uh..." he said, looking up at Steve and his cattle prod. Obviously Steve didn't reply, he just continued to smile creepily like he always did. Bucky's nerves were completely fried at this point, he was either twitching constantly or not moving at all.

Steve shocked him with the cattle prod. Groaning, Bucky curled up into a ball. Steve did it again. Bucky was on the floor, twitching and groaning more. Peter could hear him. He had no idea what was happening, but he could hear Bucky's groans of pain. What was Steve doing to him?! He hated the fact that Steve was on the other side of that wall, torturing his dad and he couldn't do anything about it. With every shock, Steve's smile grew slightly. Now, Bucky had his eyes shut tight against the pain. Eventually he finished, so he left the room and went to torture Tony.

"Hey there Capsicle." Tony said, still as sassy as ever. He looked up at Steve when he entered the room. Somehow, Steve looked like even more of a maniac than he was. Steve wasted no time in shocking Tony, and he found Tony's groans of pain even more fun to listen to. It continued for half an hour.

***

None of the Barnes' knew how long it had been, but they knew it was a while. Maybe a couple of weeks? They had no idea. What they did know was that the torture was slowly getting worse. They also were getting regular beatings now.

Steve entered the room with a giant cuff. But Bucky was so resigned by now, he didn't even care anymore.

"Hello there." He said with his usual grin. Bucky just looked up at him, not saying anything, but his eyes showed that at this point he didn't care. He knew by now that he wasn't escaping, and as much as Peter tried to convince him it was going to be okay, he didn't believe him. He didn't want to tell Peter that he had lost all hope, because Peter still had some. And Bucky wasn't going to be the one to take it away, but he was pretty sure Peter could tell anyway, being as good as Tony is with reading someones emotions through their expressions and how their moods change the way they act. Even if Peter couldn't see Bucky, he was sure that through his slower speaking and short responses that he was giving up. But he didn't mention it if he did know.

"Why're you looking so down, hm?" Steve asked. He almost sounded concerned, but at the same time you could tell he didn't care. It was strange, to sound so much like you genuinely want to help yet also make it clear you're not bothered by the other persons well-being. If you didn't know Steve well enough to know that it didn't matter to him, it would be enough to drive you insane. But Bucky knew he didn't care. This was proof. All of it. He missed the old Steve, but he knew that version of him wasn't coming back. Steve was a part of HYDRA now. There was nothing Bucky could do about it.

Bucky's voice was monotone and quiet. "Why do you ask?"
"Because I can, so I will."
"Kay..."
"You gonna answer my question or not?"
"No."

Steve shocked him with the cattle prod, like some messed up way of telling him he didn't have a choice. But Steve didn't care, so why was he asking?
"W-well... what do you think..? I d-don't know how long we've b-been in h-here... or if we're ever getting o-out..." Bucky said shakily sitting up, clutching his stomach where he had been shocked.
Steve just smiled, "At this point it won't make a difference. The three of you are so broken that even if you do get out you won't be able to return to normal living standards." He laughed, "Oh, you should see the state your son is in. It's beautiful really."
Bucky sighed, putting his head in his hands.
"You'll see him soon enough." Steve said, shrugging and putting Bucky's hands and feet into the cuff.

Peter had been listening to the whole thing, and the next thing he knew Steve was entering his room with some weird egg shaped thing.
"Hey there little spidering."

Peter had to stop himself from flinching, the name reminded him of his dads and of Ned. That hurt more than anything Steve had put him through yet.
"Aww, are you okay?" Steve knelt down beside Peter, tilting his chin up to look him dead in the eye. And Peter didn't even try to pull his head away. He hated himself for it, but he found the physical contact almost comforting, and he struggled to not lean into the touch. Steve just laughed at him, standing up again.
"By the time you see James again, he'll be barely recognisable."
Peter didn't know Bucky's name was James. He knew Bucky was a nickname, but he didn't know what his actual name was. Nobody ever used it.
"J-James...?"
"Yes. James. You don't know your own fathers name, do you?"
"O-oh."
"Don't worry," Steve said smiling, "You'll see him soon."

Steve put the helmet on Peter's head, then wrapped him in something he couldn't work out. And he was scared. None of his senses were working.

(Is that clingfilm or am I crazy?)(Clingfilm is also called Saran Wrap btw)(In case you didn't know what I was talking about)(Thanks Castiel  for explaining that 😂)

(Clingfilm is also called Saran Wrap btw)
(In case you didn't know what I was talking about)
(Thanks Castiel for explaining that 😂)