What can you remember?

Peter's jaw dropped to the floor so fast Tony was scared it might fall off.

"OMGOMGOMGOMG!" He screamed, hugging Bucky as though his life depending on it.
His dad was slightly startled.

***

Bucky sat on a table across from Tony, clutching his memories tight to his chest in fear of Tony taking them from him. Those papers weren't just random writings; those papers where who he was. Tony being who he was, he knew exactly why Bucky was holding them so tight, he just decided it would be best not to say anything.

Bucky fiddled with his left sleeve again. He did that when he was nervous- but at the moment he didn't really know why. Tony made himself some coffee and offered Bucky a plum, who took it, and sat down.

They talked about lots of different things, Tony explained how up until HYDRA he and Bucky hadn't met, which is why he wasn't in any of those memories from the 40s. That led on to Bucky wanting to know how they did meet.

"Well... before Steve changed, he introduced you to me." A slight smile touched Tony's lips at the memory, "I wanted to put missiles and laser beams for fingers in your arm, but that didn't happen. Thankfully."
Bucky furrowed his brow in concentration before the tiniest of smiles settled on his face, "Maybe I could have... f-fought..? Steve... if I had those..."
"Oh my gods..." Tony began to giggle a little at that. Bucky's smile grew- not by much, but it did. Tony's laugh got louder, but it still wasn't quite the demonic laugh it should've been. Inside his head though, Bucky was wheezing.

'OKAY HE IS LAUGHING THIS IS GOOD!'

"Okay- okay, yes." Tony began to calm down after a while.
"Yeah," Bucky giggled.
"That was beautiful."
"J-Just like you..." Bucky mumbled to himself.
"And you."
Then Bucky's eyes widen and he blushes. "I.... y-you weren't supposed to hear that..."
Tony shrugged, "Well I did. So..." Tony took another sip of his coffee, and leaned back in his chair. "What else can you remember?"

Bucky felt something tugging at the back of his mind, threatening to come in. He didn't know what it was. All he knew was that he didn't like it.

"You alright?"
"Y-yeah...  I just..."

Parts of it trickled in, but it was mostly just a jumbled mess. Shaking slightly, Bucky put his head in his hands. Tony was getting more and more concerned. He was next to Bucky now, crouching down beside the chair he was sat in, curled into a small ball.

"Hey, is everything okay?"
Bucky shook his head.
"What's wrong?"
"I... uhhh...." it hit him like a train. "Oh..."

He didn't really hear what Tony was saying while he started sobbing, but he felt Tony give him a blanket, which he wrapped himself in tightly.

"I... S-Steve, he..."
Tony hugged him, but he leaned away from it, shaking his head. Tony stopped, knowing it wasn't helping. Bucky's face was red now.
"He... uh.. he... f-fucked me..."
"O-oh..."

Tony wasn't sure what to say, he wasn't expecting that. Bucky drew the blanket closer, sobbing.

'Shit what do I do..? I'm gonna kill that man, I swear to Satan. He clearly has a death wish. Okay Tony, focus. Kill Steve later.'

Bucky continued to cry, blushing more. Tony started running his fingers through Bucky's hair, trying to be even more gentle than he was normally.

"It's okay," Tony reassured Bucky, "You're safe here. He can't hurt you anymore."
"H-he can't...?"
"No. I won't let him." Tony shook his head, still running his fingers through Bucky's hair.
"O-okay... I..." He sighed, "Thanks..."

Bucky pulled Tony into a small hug, which Tony returned. He whispered comforting words while he hugged Bucky, who soon fell asleep in his embrace once again. Tony continued hugging him, using his other hand to run his fingers through Bucky's hair and silently wondering whether he could keep that promise, or wether it would be broken again like all the ones he made before.

Bucky purred in his sleep, he may not have the tail or ears, but he is still a Neko. Tony smiled sadly as Bucky twitched a little in his sleep. Tony hugged him a little tighter, and Bucky unconsciously leaned further into the hug. Tony smiled a little more, and took away Bucky's nightmares. He sighed contently as Bucky's sleeping form became visibly more relaxed.