Chapter 50

Anna left the room only a few hours later. Ricardo sat in the hall and watched TV, throwing darts at the target to distract himself.

"Ri?"

He looked towards the girl. His features were not as severe as before, but the discontent was still on.

"Ri," Anna tried again. "Listen, Ri. I'm so sorry I ruined your date, and I would have fixed it if I knew how."

"It's okay, Anna," Ricardo said calmly. "Don't bother."

"I'd like to talk to Leticia and apologize."

"Anna. Come on. I'm saying it's okay."

"I wanted her to come. Now, this incident won't give me a chance to meet her?"

"Anna, really..."

The phone rang, and on Ricardo's face, Anna read that it was Leticia calling. A little confused, he replied. A female voice was heard, and Ricardo listened to her with a solemn face.

Anna found nothing more clever than to run into him and shout into the phone:

"Sorry, Leticia!!!! This is Annaaaaaaaaa! Please, come here!!!"

Taken aback, Ricardo fell to the floor, and Anna fell on top of him, screaming apologies.

A second later, there was a hearty laugh in the receiver.

Ricardo tried to break out of Anna's grip, who blocked his entire left side in an attempt to grab the phone. To understand what Leticia said was impossible, but she eventually shouted "Okaaaaay!" to make herself clear, and all laughed out loud.

Anna rolled helplessly from Ricardo to the floor and stretched out like a starfish. Ricardo was breathing heavily, but he was smiling. His anger vanished.

"Thank you," he muttered as if regretting his words instantly.

"I hope she comes," Anna exhaled and looked at Ri. "Tell me where Teo is."

Ricardo stood up and gave the girl a hand.

"He went to the beach. Go find him. Let the driver take you."

Anna hugged Ricardo and whispered in his ear, "Sorry again, Ri."

Then she grabbed the scarf and ran outside.