Chapter 58

Anna ran into the room and slammed the door violently. Having noticed the mood, Ricardo hurried after her to find out what was wrong.

He knocked timidly, but Anna threw a pillow at the door, warning whoever it was to get out.

He opened the door a little and asked what had happened. Seeing that it was Ri, Anna ran to him, took his hand, and sat him down on the bed.

"Teo heard from Randall that we would see each other."

"What?"

"Yes, I know, I know. But Ri, listen to me. It's not as simple as you think."

"Anna!" Ricardo's face betrayed shock. "Is that why you were arguing in the kitchen?"

"Yeah. Ri, listen to me. I need your help. Please get Teo to let me go see Randall only once."

"What?? Anna, are you out of your mind?"

"Only you can talk him into it. I don't have a phone. But I need to see Randall. Please, Ri, help me. You're not only Teo's friend, but you're also mine. Please, help me!"

"You should hear yourself now!" Ricardo replied angrily, shaking his head. "Why are you trying to ruin your budding relationship with Teo for this guy?"

"Ri, please. It's not that simple..."

"I'm not silly, and I know what your 'not that simple' is. You love Randall, Anna."

Tears welled up in Anna's eyes, and she could no longer hide her despair.

"We parted terribly. I can't move forward knowing that I didn't talk to Randall, didn't hear his point about some of the things that happened between us. I didn't give us a chance to say goodbye in a human way. Randall was kind to me, except..."

"He was having fun with you, and you were thinking about all kinds of love in your head. Listen to what I tell you. You really need to meet Parleo, not for a new drama, but to finally see him with different eyes and understand that he's not for you and that you, with your silly actions, may lose a decent guy who would do anything for you."

"Ri, please, please, help me!"

Ricardo sighed heavily.

"Promise me you won't break Teo's heart. He's like a brother to me, Anna. And I don't want to do anything to hurt him. You promise me you will deal with this once and for all and end whatever's going on between you and Randall."

"Thank you, thank you, Ri!" Anna hugged him tightly, and he left the room, leaving her to hope that she wouldn't have to go to Randall against Teo's will, jeopardizing everything they were trying to build.

"God, help me..." she whispered and closed her eyes.

Time was lost in the slumber that descended upon her.